Should I let my DS stay? Pls advise.

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Should I let my DS stay? Pls advise.

Postby Hifive » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 am

Hello everyone

My DS has attended his currently kindy starting from Term 3 this year, i.e. from July.

Since he started with this kindy, he has fallen sick more often. I understand that this is quite normal for him to get use to a new environment. However, I am getting worried over the frequency. He would fall sick (having runny nose, cough, sometimes with fever) and recovered and then the episode would start again after 2 to 3 weeks period. His attendance in school is like go for 2 weeks and then rest for at least 2 days to a week as a result of feeling unwell.

Recently I have spoken to another parent of the same kindy. Her child also started the kindy same time as my DS and her child is also having the same problem.

Besides the high medical cost that I have paid during this period, I am concerned because of the much medication that he is taking. Now, I am wondering if I should change his kindy for next year (probably one without air-con and smaller children population).
The other thing is my DS seems to enjoy attending his current kindy.

Appreciate your advice.

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 am

Have you tried supplements to boost immune system?
My boy has been in childcare since 18 months and he seldom fall sick.
Now, he's attending kindy and he has never missed school due to him falling sick.

I've posted about the supplements I give my boy here: http://thelittleonesinmylife.blogspot.com

Instead of waiting till he gets sick then take all sorts of medication,
Why not try supplements which can reduce the incidences of him falling ill?
Also, even if he really falls ill again, he'll bounce back very quickly without the need for medication.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Hifive » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi mrswongtuition

Thanks for your sharing. Will take note on the supplements to boost his immune system.

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care