Main Concern In Choosing the Right Child Care

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Your Main Criteria In Choosing the 'Right' CC

1. Environment (eg. clean and nice/spacious)
10%
2. Convenience/Distance (eg. picking the child up without worrying if there is any transport)
40%
3. Teachers (eg. must be caring etc)
40%
4. Curriculum
10%
5. Fees
No votes
6. Others (eg. webcam, good hygiene practise etc. pls state yours)
No votes

Total votes : 10

Main Concern In Choosing the Right Child Care

Postby ppnqq » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 pm

What are your main concerns or criteria for choosing the right child care centre for your child? Pls share. You may list down starting from the first main most concerned to the least and your reasons if possible.

I believe this will help those especially who are first timers and may not have thought of other areas of concern.

Thank you and hope this will help those who are unsure or still in doubt. Thank you for sharing. :D :love:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:23 pm

I guess this is a bit tough because all seem to fall in place one after another, especially for the more kiasu ones :wink:

For me, I would prefer one that is nearest to my place possible unless they are all below average then I will consider those further away. So my case, my first priority would be distance and should I need to travel to the cc, I would prefer one that is easily accessible by public transport with some walking distance the most and not those very remote places where by you can only choose to take either your own transport (if you drive, good) or a cab.

Next would the caring teachers for me.

How about the rest?

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby myWQ » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm

I am currently looking for CC for my child. My main considerations are:

1. Reputation of the provider
2. Distance to home or office

There will be pros and cons so have to weigh each CCC and decide which meets your priority.

myWQ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cherrygal » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:04 pm

I just helped my friend decide on a childcare for her daughter. To me, curriculum is largely the same everywhere unless you compare to those at Montessori centres. That's a different league and price range.

I personally prefer childcare centres at private landed housing estates. Pickup is easier.

Nice teachers come next. The teachers must show concern and know what they are doing. The principal must also be hands-on and show fairness.

As for normal curriculum Vs Montessori, I think it's up to the individual and budget but I seriously don't think it will have any drastic effect on the kid.

How the kid turns out largely depends on the parents, not the childcare centre. You raise the kid, not them.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

hygiene
small teacher to student ratio

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care