If you child is attending half day school..

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

If you child is attending half day school..

Postby KS_me » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:35 pm

what do you do with your K1 or K2 in the afternoon? Do you send them to other enrichment class?

I'm changing my K1 boy to half day kindergarten next year as I'm not very happy with his current cc. I'm thinking to let him attend some enrichment class in the afternoon to catch up on his phonics/maths & chi to get him ready for P1 a year later but not sure which centre is good.. and I'm quite confused...

Can someone share with me?

Thanks in advance.

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: If you child is attending half day school..

Postby yuppybb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm

KS_me wrote:what do you do with your K1 or K2 in the afternoon? Do you send them to other enrichment class?

I'm changing my K1 boy to half day kindergarten next year as I'm not very happy with his current cc. I'm thinking to let him attend some enrichment class in the afternoon to catch up on his phonics/maths & chi to get him ready for P1 a year later but not sure which centre is good.. and I'm quite confused...

Can someone share with me?

Thanks in advance.

Helo there

im oso planning to withdraw my gal to attend K1 kindergarten..had the same intention to put her for enrichment in the afternoon. So have you withdrawn him?

yuppybb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

i ever thot of putting my boy on half day instead of full day but hvnt tried becos my boy is difficult to teach at home, plus i will hv to make him nap at home instead of at sch, and at home he will want to play n refuse to nap, whc i think is bad for health given that he is still a preschooler, n will disrupt his routine, and also he will whine n whine, want me to feed him, instead of eating himself in sch.

also, half day fees are not cheap, put full day more 'value for $' in the sense, after subsidy.

so next option is pick him up earlier from sch on days when he has enrichment class, ie he will miss lessons in sch and attend enrichmt class outside in late afternn. for my boy his full day is until 5pm only, anyway.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yuppybb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:44 am

24hr-mum wrote:i ever thot of putting my boy on half day instead of full day but hvnt tried becos my boy is difficult to teach at home, plus i will hv to make him nap at home instead of at sch, and at home he will want to play n refuse to nap, whc i think is bad for health given that he is still a preschooler, n will disrupt his routine, and also he will whine n whine, want me to feed him, instead of eating himself in sch.

also, half day fees are not cheap, put full day more 'value for $' in the sense, after subsidy.

so next option is pick him up earlier from sch on days when he has enrichment class, ie he will miss lessons in sch and attend enrichmt class outside in late afternn. for my boy his full day is until 5pm only, anyway.

hi 24 hr mum

so are u a SAHM? if they are in the CC for full day what will your routine be like home alone?

CC are smart, they tie parents down with full day as we all go for the best value :) I share the same tots as u.

for me, my elder gal is easy to handle..K1 next yr and will listen to instructions better off den the younger one (just 2 yrs - boy), Hence i was tinking of leaving the younger one full day while i have time to coach my gal during her home time with me. Else wen my little tyrant is back..he will need all my attention or will be tearing or grabbing the sis's books. hee

but den again , i feel so sorry for him that i have to dump him in the CC just becos he is too notti to handle :P. Mixed feelings.

yuppybb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 pm

ya, i m sahm tho i do some ad hoc freelance work sometimes.
my elder one will be back in afternn from pri sch. so got to nag her, coach her when the other two in cc.

in the am i hv to settle two kids at breakfast time at 830am

after they left, i read emails, chk net, go mktg, mark my gal wksht, prepare teaching materials, run errands, settle bills, etc.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yuppybb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

[quote="24hr-mum"]ya, i m sahm tho i do some ad hoc freelance work sometimes.
my elder one will be back in afternn from pri sch. so got to nag her, coach her when the other two in cc.

in the am i hv to settle two kids at breakfast time at 830am

after they left, i read emails, chk net, go mktg, mark my gal wksht, prepare teaching materials, run errands, settle bills, etc.[/quote

Oh u have 3. Hmm I really kudos moms who have more than 2 kids. My 2 are already zapping all my energy. N I m forever complainin tat I do not have enuff time. I must have fare badly as a mum . Haha.

The washin cookin coaching are really drainin me :)

Perhaps I must plan n schedule my daily activities to make the best out of it.
This will also help ms decide if I shld take my kids out of cc.

yuppybb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby yuppybb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:24 pm

O ya btw do u think it's effective to send our kids to enrichment inthe afternoon hours? My gal usually needs her nap if she is home. Was concern that she will b too sleepy to even concentrate.

Whats ur opinion?

yuppybb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:40 pm

hi yuppybb,

hee, forgot to tell u, i hv a maid to settle cooking n cleaning n look after the kids when i bring only 1 or 2 of them to courses, so can leave the other kid(s) at hm.

i wld recommend let the child take afternn nap, whc is critical to preschoolers, so for me i let the child nap in sch from 1-3pm, hv tea break until 3.30pm, then i pick them for enrichment classes.
or else the child will b cranky n u wld hv hard time at dinner time when they doze off

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care