Fairfield Methodist Kindergarten and Kay Poh Baptist Kindy

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Fairfield Methodist Kindergarten and Kay Poh Baptist Kindy

Postby spots » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:12 pm

Does anybody have any comments to share on Fairfield Methodist Kindy and Kay Poh Baptist Kindy?

I'm wondering what are people's impressions, pros and cons, ...

Have 2 boys and looking for a kindy/childcare (half day) for them around the Tanjong Pagar or Outram/River Valley regions. Would prefer Christian but am open to all.... appreciate it!

spots
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby crashburner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 am

Is Fairfield Methodist the one opposite Maxwell Food Centre? if yes, I went to see the place last week. Maybe the lights weren't on, but when I was given a tour of the place, I didn't really like it. The equipments inside looks aged and their sandplay area is at a large staircase landing with not much ventilation.

my gal is currently in DelCare in Tanjong Pagar for halfday programme. wanted to switch her to a kindergarden next year mainly due to costs. Been to Faith Methodist at Commonwealth. Quite like the place but unfortunately, no place at the moment and is on waiting list

crashburner
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 4kids » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

HI HI.. we are new to the blog.. wondering why we never came across this good site...

Anyway, i am glad (and sad) to share that FFMC kindi has gone down the drain over the years...

My nephews and niece attended the school ever since they were nursery.. They used to have pretty good teachers there.. And my mom used to speak highly of them too..

We were happy with some of the teachers, especially the chinese teachers, who are still there.. They are very strict with spellings and i find it great to have somebody to really pay attention to my kids writings in Chinese...

I was also very happy with the two nursery teachers, till one of them left early this year.. She was the one reason my daughter looked forward to going to school as she was very shy.. She really showed so much love towards her that we only wished she would be around next year when my 2nd daughter start nursery.. She left earlier this year and till now they couldnt get anybody close to how good she was.. In fact they gotten one lady who looked so intimidating that she left after a few months, reasons unknown to us..

Another sad thing is my son's favourite teacher is leaving next year too.. She was the one who really encouraged us to pay more attention to the deficiencies of my son when he was in kindi there and she was also the one who actually taught him how to read (not us)..

I cant say much about the remaining teachers tho.. But they still have good Chinese teachers and one good maths teacher there whom we also like...

Well, again this is a very subjective point of view from a parent who "had" two kids there.. We just moved my daughters out to another kindi as we were too discouraged...

Hope this help...

4kids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mrskoo123 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:53 am

hi 4kids

am also looking for kindy for my 4yr old.
may i ask where did you put your daughters now?

thanks

mrskoo123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 4kids » Mon May 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi hi... Both our daughters are in St James Church Kindergarten at Dempsey... They love going to school... The teachers are very nice.. And they are doing a lot more outdoors stuff, like gardening, feeding the rabbits etc than ever which is great..

Some people feel that they are not focused on text books enough, i guess we are not so concerned about that cos we are our daughters to have a good memory of school especially their nursery and kindies...

PLs let us know if you need anymore feedback...

4kids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Seeking for feedback on Fairfield Methodist Kindergartnen

Postby Tanyong » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics merged.]

Hi there,

Do you have any child / children currently attending or previously attended Fairfield Methodist kindergartnen?

If yes, please give your valuable feedback.

Many thanks.

Tanyong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 am

there is one comment here.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Tanyong » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks...

Tanyong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chrismei » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:25 am

4kids wrote:Hi hi... Both our daughters are in St James Church Kindergarten at Dempsey... They love going to school... The teachers are very nice.. And they are doing a lot more outdoors stuff, like gardening, feeding the rabbits etc than ever which is great..

Some people feel that they are not focused on text books enough, i guess we are not so concerned about that cos we are our daughters to have a good memory of school especially their nursery and kindies...

PLs let us know if you need anymore feedback...

Hi. i will be transferring my girl to St James next year as they are quite well known in preparation their student to Pri 1.. No??? i hope i will not make the wrong choice...can advise...thks

chrismei
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby starry2009 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:55 pm

my girl is in kay poh kindy. the k2 classes are 4 hours long and chess is included in the k2 curriculum.

http://www.kprbc.org.sg/kindy/index.html

starry2009
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care