CGM Kindergarten (CCK) OR BPMC Kindergarten (Upper Bt Timah)

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

CGM Kindergarten (CCK) OR BPMC Kindergarten (Upper Bt Timah)

Postby mom72 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm

My girl has finished her Pre-N class with a PCF and will be continuing her Nursery Class next yr. But I'm kind of worried about PCF standard, as they don't really focus on phonics or han yu ping ying.

My son attends CGM and I can see that although he is not the smartest in class, but he has equiped himself with all he would need to go for P1 next yr. His chinese is rather poor now due to the school concentrating in English and Maths and I'm doing assessment at home with him now to help him out. Other than that, I see that he has no problem at all to cope with P1.

My younger girl is in PCF due to conveniency. Her PCF is a distance away from my house but considering that that PCF is a premier school. They started Premium class for nursery which is a 7-8 hrs class a day, which I did not enrol her cause I find that it will be very stressful for such a young child to cope such long hrs. But on the other hand, being in a normal 3-hr class, I'm worried that academic wise, she might not be as strong as her brother, whose school is strong in academic. But due to the school distance, we cannot put her on school bus since the journey is about an hr and she is very active.

I've read other threads and read good comments of BPMC which is nearer for us considering CGM. Now, I would like to seek your help and advise if possible, if I should switch my girl for K1 and K2 to either of the school. These 2 schools are very popular and usually classes are quite full unless you don't mind the afternoon class. So I have to make a decision soon and put her name down for a seat before the actual registration starts.

I'm actually in a dilemma cause my girl is well liked by all the teachers in her current PCF. She enjoys her school and the teachers loved her alot. I know that eventually if I switch her, she'll have no problem in other schools cause she is quite an outgoing and easy going girl, but losing her teachers TLC might be a lost to her?

mom72
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luvmum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi mom72,

I'm in a similar situation as you. My DS has also been in this childcare for the last 2 years and will be completing her N2 class soon. I've withdraw her out and intend to place her on a church kindy next year. Reason being that I feel her present center doesn't emphasize too much on academic. I know they are too busy handling too many tasks. My girl also makes a lot of close frenz and well liked by her teachers there. In fact, this yr during her yearend concert, she performs so well as she is literally enjoying with her friends...so can tell they are really close. Still for the sake of her academic progression and knowing how competitive P1 is right now, I have to make the painful decision of taking her out. :oops:

I'm really not sure if the new school will be a better choice, she can makes such good fren there etc but in life, no venture no gain! Pray hard... :lol:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care