Childcare demand for MC

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Will you bring your child to see doctor to get an MC?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Yes
50%
No, self-medicate
50%

Total votes : 4

Childcare demand for MC

Postby chatelaine » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Hi

Any parents encountered childcare demand for MC?

My child was down with fever and usually we self-medicate, once well we will send them back to school.

Unless is very serious, based on parents instinct we will send them to see doctor.

chatelaine
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Childcare demand for MC

Postby jedamum » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:14 pm

chatelaine wrote:Hi

Any parents encountered childcare demand for MC?

My child was down with fever and usually we self-medicate, once well we will send them back to school.

Unless is very serious, based on parents instinct we will send them to see doctor.

need MC for what? can offset a day of fees?
even for primary school, i just write an excuse letter.
but having said that, if the kid is suspected of getting HFMD, the sch will demand a doctor's letter of clearance before the kid is being let back to sch.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Childcare demand for MC

Postby chatelaine » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:40 am

Hi jedamum

No la, not offset for fees.

My DD had fever for a day and CC requested for MC, definitely not HFMD.

Told them no MC, they not happy and insisted the next time child had fever must produce MC. If not, they are not allowed entry. :x

chatelaine
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Joeyz18 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:40 pm

requesting MC for fever is crazy! my preschool only wants doc's letter to certitied my DS fully recover from HFMD to attend school.

chatelaine, question the CC why they need? reimburse fees? if not don't ask for unneccessary and just do their jobs well :P

Joeyz18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby chatelaine » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Joey18

I did raise my concern to mgmt on this MC thing. They are not happy and insist parents to produce MC.

When my DD had fever, I let her rest at home for a day or two. Usually I will self-medicate but now have to send her to Dr. Pay to produce MC to sch. It's not as if she had HFMD. :stupid:

These few weeks, she has been getting mosquito bites at the CC. 1st day, it looks like a small bite. The next day, it became big like a 20cents coin and hard like a bump. So scary! :!: DD keep scratching till the spot became brown like a scar forever. She got it on her face as well... Luckily, she didn't scratch it hard or else chiam.

chatelaine
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care