Ascension, Barker Road Methodist Church or St James Kindy?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Ascension, Barker Road Methodist Church or St James Kindy?

Postby Kluvs » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 am

Hi am in a dilemma on which of the above 3 kindergartens will be a more conducive & better environment for kids? Would appreciate if anyone who have encounter or any experiences with the school(s) provide me with their valuable inputs and opinions of the schools? If given a choice, care to share which is your preference assuming distance to the 3 schools are about the same? Thanks! :lol:

Kluvs
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Ascension, Barker Road Methodist Church or St James Kind

Postby twotwobravo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

Kluvs wrote:Hi am in a dilemma on which of the above 3 kindergartens will be a more conducive & better environment for kids? Would appreciate if anyone who have encounter or any experiences with the school(s) provide me with their valuable inputs and opinions of the schools? If given a choice, care to share which is your preference assuming distance to the 3 schools are about the same? Thanks! :lol:

mine friend's 3kids were from st james even though she is staying in Jurong area.
she gave very comments of the school.

twotwobravo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Kluvs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 am

Hi twotwobravo,
Really thanks for your inputs. So have all the 3 kids graduate or still currently schooling there? Any special comments by your friend? Think the compus is really nice as it's near nature. But all the 3 schools has it's strengths & weaknesses hence it's a tough choice...

Please do feel free to share any thoughts or comments on your experience with the school(s) if you have any as it will be much appreciated. Thanks

Kluvs
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Faun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Kluvs wrote:Hi am in a dilemma on which of the above 3 kindergartens will be a more conducive & better environment for kids? Would appreciate if anyone who have encounter or any experiences with the school(s) provide me with their valuable inputs and opinions of the schools? If given a choice, care to share which is your preference assuming distance to the 3 schools are about the same? Thanks! :lol:

my dd from Ascension in 2005-2006. Wonderful place. She had a very good time there. The school has been around for more than 45 years. DD got to experience alot of muscial instruments there. They used the Orf (Austrian) music program last time but I heard it's now changed to aN Australian program. There was alot of visual and,performance arts for the kids then. They're very organized. Kids go through assembly and sing alot of positive songs to start the day.

I wanted a less academic place for dd so at that time Ascension was a great choice. They have an indoor gym and alot of props in the classroom for them to play make-believe.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby meiah » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi, my dd will be going to ascension next year for nursery 1. I have no idea if she would like it there but I put her there cos of the environment. I like that the compound is fairly big unlike those private houses type. There is variety in the open space play area and that it is shaded. I like that there are programmes that might interest her although we hv to pay extras. I'm glad that the whole N1 cannot subscribe to yakult cos she would scream her lungs out if others get it and she doesn't.

Academic wise I'm not sure if they are providing great stuff, but I'm not too concerned. I only wish for her to be happy in sch and to interact well. For a church kindy, I feel that fees are quite ok. If I'm going to let her do ballet, piano, gym, kumon, berries or who knows what in future, I certainly do not wish to pay so much sch fees and still have to supplement others.

My neighbour has an older child in ascension too. The kid seems to speak quite well and confidently. I think she's 5. :)

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Kluvs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for the inputs. Seems like there are pretty good reviews on Ascension. Are there anyone who could share their experience on St James & Baker Road Methodist Church Kindergarten (BRMCK) as well? All are church based kindergartens.. If given a choice, what would be your choice? :)

Kluvs
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby faithgurl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

Faun wrote:

my dd from Ascension in 2005-2006. Wonderful place. She had a very good time there. The school has been around for more than 45 years. DD got to experience alot of muscial instruments there. They used the Orf (Austrian) music program last time but I heard it's now changed to aN Australian program. There was alot of visual and,performance arts for the kids then. They're very organized. Kids go through assembly and sing alot of positive songs to start the day.

I wanted a less academic place for dd so at that time Ascension was a great choice. They have an indoor gym and alot of props in the classroom for them to play make-believe.

Hi Faun,

Can check with u since Ascension is a church based kindergarten, will the curriculum include any bible related or praying session? In fact, Ascension was one of my shortlisted preschools but since I'm not a Christian, this factor was taken into my consideration. Hope u can help. Thks!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby faithgurl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

Double posting
Last edited by faithgurl on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Faun » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:54 am

faithgurl wrote:Hi Faun,

Can check with u since Ascension is a church based kindergarten, will the curriculum include any bible related or praying session? In fact, Ascension was one of my shortlisted preschools but since I'm not a Christian, this factor was taken into my consideration. Hope u can help. Thks!

Most delighted to. We're not a Christian family too. They do pray before they eat and sing some Christian songs during assembly. I had no issue with that as I felt it was quite mild. They do not do any religious studies.

I liked the school alot then because it was very musical. The energy was good. That's some years back. Not sure how it is now. Heard Mrs Quek, the old principal has retired.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby faithgurl » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am

Faun wrote:
faithgurl wrote:Hi Faun,

Most delighted to. We're not a Christian family too. They do pray before they eat and sing some Christian songs during assembly. I had no issue with that as I felt it was quite mild. They do not do any religious studies.

I liked the school alot then because it was very musical. The energy was good. That's some years back. Not sure how it is now. Heard Mrs Quek, the old principal has retired.

Hi Faun,

Oh, they do pray before their meals? I think I will go down to take a look cos in fact this school is my priority. Thks ya!

faithgurl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care