Regrets in CC withdrawal and transferring to Kindergarten?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Regrets in CC withdrawal and transferring to Kindergarten?

Postby yuppybb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 am

As i had recently embark on my SAHM journey, im contemplating to withdraw my gal from her full day CC to a 3 hr kindergarten. At least i can have more time with her and we have the whole afternoon for other activities.

Was abit concern if i will regret over this choice.

any parents had done this? any regrets ?

Apart loosing out the Me time, any other problems that i need to look into?

Kindly share your view :)

yuppybb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby luvmum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:29 pm

If you like the CC, actually you can just convert your gal to half a day. I would also think that since you are embarking on SAHM route, it's good that you get to spend time in the afternoon with her and do all sorts (studying/baking/library visits etc) with her. Ur child will feel the difference as time spent with mummies are always very precious. I used to send my gal on full day CC which I later switch to 3 hrs Kindy when she reached K1. I've no regrets cos she really learnt a lot from the kindy and enjoy her stay there tremendously.

That is also why when I moved on to my PT job next year, I drop my previous tots of sending my elder gal to student care and younger boy to full day CC. I want to really spend time with them even though that would mean totally NO TIME for myself. Children grow up too fast to wait and hold. :please: :politebleah:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Charmaine_chong » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:55 pm

I would personally feel that spending time with your young kids are precious. You could do loads of stuff with your child.

No money can buy it. :celebrate:

Charmaine_chong
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:02 pm

hi yuppybb

how old is ur girl?
i wld say depends on the child n other factors

kindy means no govt subsidy, so more ex fees.
a lot of travelling to n fro in fetchg n sending the child, unless got sch bus.

for my boy, if at hm, he wont nap or eat hmself. so i really appreciate him in sch. for me, i really need own time to run errands, etc. or else will go mad shouting at my boy 24hr a day.
really, at hm he wont do any wksheets at all, unless mr cane comes.
so sch is best for him n for my sanity.

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 24hr-mum » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 pm

my #1 and #3, both girls, are opposite. they are well suited to be homeschooled, will listen n follow

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Regrets in CC withdrawal and transferring to Kindergarte

Postby chatelaine » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 am

If you can spend quality time with your DD, why not?

Apart from fetching your DD to and fro school, you need to prepare lunch and maybe do some activities together in the afternoon.

Alternatively, you can try letting your DD spend half day at school to try it out for a week. See how things go. :love:

chatelaine
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Regrets in CC withdrawal and transferring to Kindergarte

Postby titank » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:21 am

yuppybb wrote:As i had recently embark on my SAHM journey, im contemplating to withdraw my gal from her full day CC to a 3 hr kindergarten. At least i can have more time with her and we have the whole afternoon for other activities.

Was abit concern if i will regret over this choice.

any parents had done this? any regrets ?

Apart loosing out the Me time, any other problems that i need to look into?

Kindly share your view :)

I look at it this manner, sending to CC means the child would expose more the chance of HFM. The child spend more time in a CC compare to a Kindy. Assuming the child is from 8am to 7pm. As for Kindy, they are like 3-4 hours of exposure level & they are back to home.

I'm not saying in CC would get HFM, in Kindy the same too. In summary, just reduce the exposure time in CC or Kindy respectively.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 24hr-mum » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 am

my kids hv been in cc all these years and thank God no HFMD or chkn pox.
reason: i supplement wif herbs, vitamins, sprulina n other vitamins.
they do hv cough flu fever the usual ones but not serious

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Vevey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 pm

DS1 loved his 4hr pcf compared to the previous whole day cc & I wished I could hv transferred him earlier than K1 but a short 2hr nursery class + a newborn at home is too much 4 me to cope even w a maid then, as I was still adjusting to b a SAHM.

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mamemo » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 am

IMHO, for kids less than 4 years old, full day cc is good for them to learn independence, toilet-training, interaction.

For 4-6 years old, half day kindy is better than full day CC. In full day CC, teachers are often too pre-occupied with taking care of the kids than doing active teaching, and they often stay in the school the whole day, so they always look tired. I regret not sending my boy to a kindy when he is 4 years old.

mamemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care