Putting 2 yrs old Twins Boys in Childcare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Putting 2 yrs old Twins Boys in Childcare

Postby michelleyip » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Hi,

really need advice from everybody. I have a pair of twins and have engaged 4 maids so far. None of them work out cos they cannot handle the "hard work". Nevertheless, I am exploring the options to put them in childcare centre but I am v scared that they won't get used to it. Moreover, they have problem passing bowels i.e. constipated despite the plenty of fluid intake. They will kick up such a big fuss when passing motion.

So mothers out there, anyone, can advice whether should I proceed with the childcare plan? Thinking of putting them at Sparkle Tots Punggol South. Anyone with kids in there? Comments/Feedback?

Cheers!! :?:

michelleyip
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sheryl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Michelle,
I put my twin (a boy & girl) in the full day childcare when they are about 2.5 yrs old. I had no choice as my dad has stroke & my mum needs to look after them. I dun feel safe to let my maid handle them without my parents supervision.

I'm worried for my boy as he cannot really speak & he may not be able to tell the teachers what he wants. Surprising he did not cry at all in his 1st week to school. He enjoys playing there. But then, he refuses to drink water. All this while, he dun drink much at home too. This is already 2 mths there, he is adjusted to childcare. He knows the routine. His water bottle is now empty when we pick him.

At the begining, my girl will cries & stick to 1 teacher. She cries whenever she thinks of us. Now she is better though still crying but for a while. She stops after I leave. She has no problem telling the teachers her needs as she can speak well.

You need to find one childcare which you can trust so that you can safely put them there. I will write comments on the comm book to teachers to help them understand my children. And talk to the teachers often.

sheryl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby michelleyip » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Ya, but my hubby will get soft hearted when he see them crying and pulling on to him. I havent' really explore the childcare centre near my house (Sparkle Tots) and I am hoping to be able to take a look this coming saturday.

How did you cope with just leaving them there and walk away? My eldest gal when I tried to put her in CC when she was about 1.5yrs old, she was totally refusing it. And my mother (caregiver) just let her be and told me not to bring her to the CC anymore. So there goes my plan.

But now, situation different cos there are 3 of them now and she already getting worse in health so I was thinking of placing the boys in CC so that the family won't get so tensed and tired easily.

michelleyip
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby happydaddy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:49 am

michelleyip wrote:Ya, but my hubby will get soft hearted when he see them crying and pulling on to him. I havent' really explore the childcare centre near my house (Sparkle Tots) and I am hoping to be able to take a look this coming saturday.

How did you cope with just leaving them there and walk away? My eldest gal when I tried to put her in CC when she was about 1.5yrs old, she was totally refusing it. And my mother (caregiver) just let her be and told me not to bring her to the CC anymore. So there goes my plan.

But now, situation different cos there are 3 of them now and she already getting worse in health so I was thinking of placing the boys in CC so that the family won't get so tensed and tired easily.

how old are they?

If they are around 2yrs, most probably, they will fall sick the first week you send them to school.

This problem will continue for a yr, very month see doctor till their immune system buildup to fight against the virus.

You need to factor all this problem. End up, yr maid still have to take care of the kids.....

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby michelleyip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Ya, they have just turned two this October. Their immune system has all along been quite weak so that's another worry as well.

I guess I have to really source around and see if they cope with the new change. If my mother can work well with my new maid, of cos, I think I will just put them into playgroup for about 3 hours, which will at least kinda tire them out.

michelleyip
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby keenDaddy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 pm

think it is good to explore putting them in child care/preschool - expose them early to group interaction and learning environment. don't think falling sick is a big issue since u can still fall back to ur maid to take care of them when they are sick. over time, their immune system should improve. i know of young twins in CC and they seem to be doing quite well over time.

keenDaddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby superdaddy000 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Some kids need 6mths to a yr to get immune. That's what happened when I send my DD to CC. Luckily, less than a year we paid less n less visits to Dr. for frequent virus like flu and cough. I hope the blessing goes on n on for us!

Equip your kids with vitamins now before they go childcare is the best solution.

Good Luck!

superdaddy000
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care