Faith Montessori / CS Montessori

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Faith Montessori / CS Montessori

Postby kaitlynangelica » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi,

Has anyone sent their kid to Faith Montessori ?

Any comments?

What about CS Montessori at Bukit Timah Plaza?

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:58 pm

There are three Faith Montessori, I have checked out the one at Hillview. I thought it was pretty normal, for the price paid. Some of the teachers looked bored too, that was something which I didn't like. It is a christian-based school, and they have devotion time.

As for CS, I didn't like it. I felt the people were business-like more than educators. For instance, the Montessori approach emphasises learning based on own pace, but the person told me that my boy at 3 yrs old could not count to 15, that was very slow, and he seemed horrified that I was not worried. They didn't seem very passionate about the Montessori method, so it turned me off. It is very expensive too.

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 am

My daughter goes to the one at Bukit Timah.

Like you said, seems pretty normal. But teachers there are quite nice. The principalis pretty nice too. My only gripe is that I felt my child is not learning enough things. Up till now, she is still learning 3 and 4-letter words.

Which CS did you go to? There are two centres, one at Tiong Bahru Plaza and one at Bukit Timah Plaza.

I'm surprised they made the statement about your boy not counting to 15. The one I checked out at BTP was okay. I spoke to the centre director and I thought he seemed passionate about the Montessori method.

Price is okay at $500 a month. Some others are worse.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:21 pm

I went to the one at Hillview. I know of someone who sent her daughter to B Timah one, had full of praises for it.

As for CS, the one I visited was Bukit Timah Plaza. You are right, there are more expensive ones :) Probably it didn't give me a very good vibe, but I saw the class in action. The class is very orderly - something I like. Quiet and peaceful. But the guy I spoke to, didn't give me a good feeling :)

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi lovebearsallthings,

In spite of the costliness, I decided to sign up the phonics course at CS. So far after two months, I see improvement in my daughter's reading. She seems to be moving much faster now. Their course is systematic and orderly. I think it would be worthwhile to give them a try.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi,

That was a fast reply - I'm impressed :)

Actually they did ask me if I wanted to try out the weekend class, and I was tempted. I thought I could do grocery shopping while my husband brings my boy to class :) But my boy is already attending Kindermusik, so not sure if I want to sign on an extra enrichment class for him..

How old is your child? My boy just turned three.

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:27 pm

My gal is 4.5 years old. Will be five in December. I am concerned about getting her well-prepared for p1 that's why this year I decided to send her to a montessori in the hope that she will be okay. In the past two years, sent her to church kindergartens but found that she didn't benefit at all . So me and my husband decided that we will dig our pockets a little to send her to Faith.

But if you have read Tamarind's comments about how high the standard of the PCF centre that she sends her gal to is, then I am now wondering what am I paying so much at Faith for.

Where is your boy right now?

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:39 pm

I understand your concerns about P1! :) I have heard many who told me that it is very important to find a good pre-school, so that the kids do not have to struggle with the increasingly competitive standards in primary school now. I have heard that Kinderland and Montessori train their children very well for primary school (different methods of course).

My boy is at The Children's Campus.

I did try to source for a good Montessori school/childcare for him, but was generally disappointed. Perhaps it's because my expectations were a little too high :) You know, given the extensive comments that I've heard. In the end I decided to enrol my boy in a more 'sociable' environment with lots of singing and dancing and laughter. Of course, I would have wanted a school which prepare their children well, with lots of laughter etc, you know, everything :) But I guess I decided that it is more important for my boy to love school and to love learning, so I decided to enrol him in a more 'activity-based' school.

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm

How much you paying right now? The good thing about Faith is that it blends the Montessori and MOE curriculum together. I tot that was good cos there has been feedback given that children who go to full MOntessori can't adapt when they reach p1.

Also, feedback that I got from the others was Faith was a good place altho it is not so well-known.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lovebearsallthings » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Yes, I think Faith is quite a good place - I have heard of it :) I think you should be rest assured that your daughter is in good hands :)

I am paying $525 (after MCYS subsidy) for half-day currently.

lovebearsallthings
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care