MOsquito + Singlish childcare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

MOsquito + Singlish childcare

Postby shn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:10 am

Oh ...Wonder how can we check whether did the childcare had done their cleaning up job? Like fogging the place, cleaning the bed and toys. I ask the teachers whether do they fog the place, they say OH yes we do cleaning up every sat & fog the place evry month.
My dd got mosquito bites every 2 week without fail. BUT jus this 2 days, she got 5 big bites. Worse of all, inflammation. Really got to go down to spot check whether they do really clean up???
Oh after a few months of school, My dd learnt to speak 'la' 'loh' ya meh etc....

Today, i had the worst experience. I went to the toilet with my girl, she was using the toilet bowl & at the same time, she asked me, " MUMMY are U urgent?" I reply ,'No , U can take your time."
GUESS WHAT MY DD REPLIED...........
:? :whut:
"mummy if u urgent, U can hold your there"
OH Gosh where she learn that from .. after asking ... she say from school
really :stupid:

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Faun » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:05 am

The mosquito problem sounds bad. How about using those mosquito patch for you dd? Not sure if it works though.

Singlish can't be avoided in Singapore schools. Kids get alot of peer pressure to speak Singlish even if they have been speaking Eghlish all along.

What is important is NOT to speak Singlish to them as parents. They badly need a good English reference and the family environment is the best place to immerse them in good spoken eNglish.

I tell my kids they can speak whichever way they like with their friends but they must switch to proper eNglish once they are with mom and dad. Dd has no problem and can hold her 'ang moh' English all the time but ds needs to be reminded to switch sometimes.

If you notice, Singlish is usually direct English translation of Chinese, it sounds atrocious sometimes but also really hilarious.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby shn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Tried the mosquito patch even brought repellent there, but still the same . I think i will bring lemon grass & put in the class room :D

shn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care