Brighton montesorri @ sunset or Maris Stella kindergarten

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Brighton montesorri @ sunset or Maris Stella kindergarten

Postby Babycakes » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi everyone, am new to this forum but hoping to learn more abt the various kindergartens. Am considering either Brighton montesorri at sunset way or Maris Stella for my 2.5yr girl. BM at sunset way (clementi) is newly opened so definitely cleaner n newer. However, its fully air con n a v small outside corridor only. Classes r smaller n was told they focus on ensuring every child can read by time for P1. Maris Stella is bigger, older, larger classes but I've heard they don't really help prepare kids for reading, math etc for p1. How true is this n what r your comments on the two schools? Which would you choose?

Babycakes
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby princeton » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm

hi
my gals used to be with maris stella kindy.
It really depends on what you are looking for to determine whether a school is "good" or not. Maris stella provides basic education, in line with MOE requirements/curriculum. My gals love the school, and it teaches them love and care, which i greatly appreciate.
But if you are a Kiasu parent with high demands on academic progress, maris stella may not be a good choice. My gals' friends' mummies sent their children for many enrichment classes, including phonics, reading,etc as they feel the school is not providing enough.
Not sure about Brighton, but not comfortable with the uniform, as Montessori schools shouldn't be having uniforms for children, in my opinion. There is also Early years montessori kindergarten in sunset way. Check it out. The principle is great and gives lessons sometimes. Not sure about the current staff though.

princeton
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care