[Serangoon North] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Serangoon North] Preschools

Postby chie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi All,

I am a newbie in this forum but have read through all topics under the "Childcare, Pre-Schools, Kindergartens, Before/After School Care" thread but cannot really find what I want.

Does any one has any recommendations of good preschools in Serangoon North area?

I am planning to enrol my soon-to-be 24 mths old child in a half-day preschool programme. Have shortlisted Wesley Child Development Centre and Shaws Preschool childcare at Braddell Heights. Wonder if anyone has any feedback to share regarding these 2 centres and if there's any other that I might be missing out.

Greatly appreciate any advice or comments or feedback.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Chie

chie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby hairuliza » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi chie

I'm also looking for 1 for my boy who'll be 24 mths this Dec.
Wesley is right next block to my parents' place.
I find it so-so...
I went to Cherie Hearts & talked to the P there but didn't register there.
Find the place OK, curriculum OK, but prefer a place where kids can play outdoors.
As for Shaws, only called them about transport... they didn't get back to me after calling them 3 times.
Have yet to visit to take a look @ the place.
I'm also looking @ Cambridge.. right now I'm in favour of it but not confirmed.
If you enrolled your kid to Shaws, do tell me how you find it.
Thanks!

hairuliza
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby chie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 am

hairuliza wrote:Hi chie

I'm also looking for 1 for my boy who'll be 24 mths this Dec.
Wesley is right next block to my parents' place.
I find it so-so...
I went to Cherie Hearts & talked to the P there but didn't register there.
Find the place OK, curriculum OK, but prefer a place where kids can play outdoors.
As for Shaws, only called them about transport... they didn't get back to me after calling them 3 times.
Have yet to visit to take a look @ the place.
I'm also looking @ Cambridge.. right now I'm in favour of it but not confirmed.
If you enrolled your kid to Shaws, do tell me how you find it.
Thanks!


Hi,

Yes, I have enrolled my child in Shaws eventually..the transport fees for 2-ways is $150/- per month. If only one way, it would be 80% of $150/-. There are seat belts on board the bus and 1 accompanying auntie.

I have went to the Shaws open house and went down a few times before I made the decision to enrol. I have not regretted the decision at all thus far.

The teachers were very open to share any information you want to know abt your child or their curriculum. U can also drop in any time. They speak proper English. I have not heard the teachers sprouting Singlish, the only exception are local parents like me..haha..

They have waterplay once a fortnight. daily activities include outdoor play, arts&craft, story-telling, music & movement and they have one hour of chinese lesson every day.

Most of the children there enrolled on a half-day basis, there are only a handful that are on full-day. There is the morning snack time at around 10am and a lunch time around 11.15am.

They have about 2 teachers to 10 children in the playgroup classes and so far from what I have observed, they have never left a crying child alone on his/her own. They will try to pacify the child.

Any other information that u want to know? Will be happy to share...:)

Best Regards,
chie

chie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby hairuliza » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm still stuck between deciding to enrol my boy to either Cambridge or Shaws..
Cambridge is nearer to my mom's place, so far good reviews of that place.
Same thing with Shaws... heard good reviews too.
Plus now, we're considering Kinderland @ Yio Chu Kang as well...

The teacher-child ratio @ Shaws is better than the other 2.
Will need to discuss with hubby now.
Thanks for sharing chie!

hairuliza
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby chie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 am

hairuliza wrote:I'm still stuck between deciding to enrol my boy to either Cambridge or Shaws..
Cambridge is nearer to my mom's place, so far good reviews of that place.
Same thing with Shaws... heard good reviews too.
Plus now, we're considering Kinderland @ Yio Chu Kang as well...

The teacher-child ratio @ Shaws is better than the other 2.
Will need to discuss with hubby now.
Thanks for sharing chie!


Hi hairuliza,

I have ever checked out Kinderland @ Yio Chu Kang, understand from them that there is no transport arrangements if you place your child in half-day childcare. Transport available only for full-day sessions. So, this maybe a concern if u want to enrol your child in half-day session.

Best Regards,
chie

chie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 0



Serangoon North Childcare

Postby Mishasha » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Chie,

Sorry to interrupt. I went to Kinderland at Yio Chu Kang before but was quite upset with the Principal's attitude. I asked her what the children will be taught, she told me need not ask, just pay up school fee and she will tell me later. She seems more concern about the $ than parents' need.

Eventually I settled my gal with PMI at Newton for some time and now she's with School House by the Garden at Phillips Ave (opp Serangoon North Ave 1). Quite happy there now. Schoolhouse does provide transport.

Mishasha
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Serangoon North Childcare

Postby chie » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Mishasha wrote:Hi Chie,

Sorry to interrupt. I went to Kinderland at Yio Chu Kang before but was quite upset with the Principal's attitude. I asked her what the children will be taught, she told me need not ask, just pay up school fee and she will tell me later. She seems more concern about the $ than parents' need.

Eventually I settled my gal with PMI at Newton for some time and now she's with School House by the Garden at Phillips Ave (opp Serangoon North Ave 1). Quite happy there now. Schoolhouse does provide transport.


Hi Mishasha,

I share the same feelings as you, though not with the Principle but more of the admin staff who took my call. It seemed to me that they are not too interested to share on the curriculum as she just tells me that to come down and take a look and when I expressed my surprise that no transport arrangements catered for half-day sessions, she did not address it also, it seemed like a "take it or leave it" kind of attitude.

Best Regards,
chie

chie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Serangoon North Childcare

Postby sheryl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Mishasha wrote:Hi Chie,

Sorry to interrupt. I went to Kinderland at Yio Chu Kang before but was quite upset with the Principal's attitude. I asked her what the children will be taught, she told me need not ask, just pay up school fee and she will tell me later. She seems more concern about the $ than parents' need.

Eventually I settled my gal with PMI at Newton for some time and now she's with School House by the Garden at Phillips Ave (opp Serangoon North Ave 1). Quite happy there now. Schoolhouse does provide transport.


My boy is also at Schoolhouse by the garden - pre nursery class. Which class is your gal in? My boy is there since last yr before they change Management. He is happy there.

sheryl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Preschools at Serangoon North

Postby Mishasha » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi,

My gal is in N2. She joined this school in Jan 09. Was at PMI (Preschool for Multiple Intelligence) for 8mths. But cannot manage the time (9 to 4.30pm), everyone leaves by 5.30pm, too rush. Eventually settled for School House by the Garden. The children there are very friendly and happy. My gal has made many friends there, unlike at PMI, she used to play alone. The new teacher is very caring and children really love her!

Mishasha
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 am
Total Likes: 0


Wesley ChildCare

Postby cornucopia » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:35 am

Hi,

I find the manager and even e receptionist well mannered. Place is very clean.

Would like to find out more in regards to Wesley.
They have 3 branches: Telok Blangah, Toa Payoh & ...

cornucopia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care