Kindergarten 1

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Kindergarten 1

Postby mumikai » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 am

hi everyone... i am just new here and i hope you could help me on my problem. i want to send my son to k1 school anyone here knows any center that can still accept new students for K1? we are just new here in singapore and me and my child is holding a Dependent Pass. he's so eager to go to class and my heart goes really bad when he's asking me when he will go to school especially when seeing kids in uniform. i hope you could reply on this please... btw, my child is turning 5 years old on september thats why i'm really getting super unrelax with this situation. thanks in advance.

mumikai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cnimed » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:30 am

Any kindergarten will take as long as there are vacancies. Usually morning sessions are full, but afternoon sessions are easy to get at any level. My son skipped K1. I don't think you need to worry so much.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mumikai » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 pm

deminc wrote:Any kindergarten will take as long as there are vacancies. Usually morning sessions are full, but afternoon sessions are easy to get at any level. My son skipped K1. I don't think you need to worry so much.

thank you deminc for the reply. i am just worrying because i dont think my son will be ok if he'll be going to P1 soon without being ready yet for that level. You mean he can still be accepted in k2 even without being able to start with k1? are these levels in kindergarten a prerequisite to primary levels or not? what i'm worrying again is that.. he' not that comportable yet in speaking in english... he understands the dialect (a little) and can follow directions but he still cant speak the language. he's a little shy too thats why i want him to be with other kids in school. but i thinks its late already... my location by the way is Tampines.

mumikai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Orange Girl » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 pm

mumikai wrote:
deminc wrote:Any kindergarten will take as long as there are vacancies. Usually morning sessions are full, but afternoon sessions are easy to get at any level. My son skipped K1. I don't think you need to worry so much.

thank you deminc for the reply. i am just worrying because i dont think my son will be ok if he'll be going to P1 soon without being ready yet for that level. You mean he can still be accepted in k2 even without being able to start with k1? are these levels in kindergarten a prerequisite to primary levels or not? what i'm worrying again is that.. he' not that comportable yet in speaking in english... he understands the dialect (a little) and can follow directions but he still cant speak the language. he's a little shy too thats why i want him to be with other kids in school. but i thinks its late already... my location by the way is Tampines.

Hi Mumikai, basically, just like Deminc mentioned, school will take new student as long as there is vacancy. My suggestion is to call up a few kindergartens nearby and find out from them on the programs they offer, the fee, the vacancy etc... Make an appointment to visit them to see how comfortable you are with the school. It will takes time for him to adjust to the new environment but I am sure the teachers will help along the way. The more he mix with other friends and teachers, the faster he will pick up the language. It is never too late.

Orange Girl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care