BRIGHTSTAR Child Development Centre @ Suntec

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

BRIGHTSTAR Child Development Centre @ Suntec

Postby VisionDreamers » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi,

i'm totally new to this forum...glad that we've found this forum...would like to find out more about the Child Care Centre..."BrightStar Child Development Centre" which is located at Suntec City.

Can anyone give us some feedback?

VisionDreamers
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby VisionDreamers » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:53 am

anyone kid (s) are in brightstart @ suntec?
thinking of putting my kid there...not sure how is the school.
Anyone?

VisionDreamers
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bbmummy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi, why dont you make a trip down and speak to the principal? i visited the school recently. The principal was a very nice lady. She will be able to explain to you the school's belief and motto..

bbmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Brightstar Child Development Centre at Suntec City-comments?

Postby mum2k » Sun May 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Heard this centre has webcam service for parents to dial in and view their kids while they are in class.
Thus am very tempted to enrol my boy.
But before that, any comments/feedbacks from parents?

mum2k
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Brightstar Child Development Centre at Suntec City-comme

Postby DesertWind » Mon May 10, 2010 7:38 pm

mum2k wrote:Heard this centre has webcam service for parents to dial in and view their kids while they are in class.
Thus am very tempted to enrol my boy.
But before that, any comments/feedbacks from parents?

Hello Mum2K!

I have called to enquire and visited Brightstar @ Suntec City before and found that they have excellent facilities and security. Yes the webcam is really unusual (I don't think other CCC have this !??) and being able to check on the kid anytime is a really great idea!

Understand from the P this year that they have formed collaboration with the external service providers to do enrichment classes in the afternoons for the children. Furthermore, they only have FULL DAY childcare, not half-day as they have lessons in the afternoon as well after nap time. They are also teaching phonics so there is no need to go for extra-enrichment in this area.

Outdoor activities are either held at the 3rd floor Sky Garden or at Koi Pond.

Why didn't I sign up? Because I am not working at Suntec and they do not have school bus services so it will not be convenient for me to drop-off and pick-up my kid. I sure wish the logistics allows me to put my child there! :love:

If you do not already know, Brightstar is affiliated to the church at Suntec!

Cheers! :lol:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby happydaddy » Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 am

is the premises fully air-con?

If there is an outbreak of HFMD, the spread will be very fast.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Aircon

Postby DesertWind » Tue May 18, 2010 1:14 pm

happydaddy wrote:is the premises fully air-con?

Hello Happydaddy,

Yes the place is fully air-con. But perhaps you can ask the CCC whether it has a "germicide" air filtering or not?

As for HFMD, my son's first CCC was not air-con but also outbreak twice already! I think the contact and number of children in close proximity to each other also plays a part....

Sorry ah....I am not from Brightstar just giving my 2 cents worth....

:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Aircon

Postby happydaddy » Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 pm

DesertWind wrote:
happydaddy wrote:is the premises fully air-con?

Hello Happydaddy,

Yes the place is fully air-con. But perhaps you can ask the CCC whether it has a "germicide" air filtering or not?

As for HFMD, my son's first CCC was not air-con but also outbreak twice already! I think the contact and number of children in close proximity to each other also plays a part....

Sorry ah....I am not from Brightstar just giving my 2 cents worth....

:celebrate:

If the air-con spoil? the entire centre will become warmer?

So what if there is filter, how often they change that is the key.

If there is HFMD outbreak, or children with bad cough, it will be 2x worst than no air-con place unless they have a health check corner where they reject any other single kid who cough which i doubt they will do it.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Brightstar (My experience in the school)

Postby great mama » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi,

My child is attending Brightstar too and glad to see fellow parents here :D

Gardentea, I don't think the school fees increased by double lah... they were charging $800+ and increased the fees to $1k this year so about $200 increase...

Well, I did consider switching my child when they told us last year about the fees increase but the other childcare centres around Suntec are all more expensive than Brightstar and I need a childcare in this area cos easier for me to fetch my child after work. It helps when their closing time is 7.30pm instead of the usual 7pm. The extra 30mins helps alot. Furthermore my child likes the teachers there and I'm generally ok with the school on the whole.

great mama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Brightstar (My experience in the school)

Postby seeker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm

great mama wrote:Hi,

My child is attending Brightstar too and glad to see fellow parents here :D

Gardentea, I don't think the school fees increased by double lah... they were charging $800+ and increased the fees to $1k this year so about $200 increase...

Well, I did consider switching my child when they told us last year about the fees increase but the other childcare centres around Suntec are all more expensive than Brightstar and I need a childcare in this area cos easier for me to fetch my child after work. It helps when their closing time is 7.30pm instead of the usual 7pm. The extra 30mins helps alot. Furthermore my child likes the teachers there and I'm generally ok with the school on the whole.

Hi Great mama,

How's the curriculum in this centre ??? How long has yr child with this centre ?

seeker
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care