experience with playgroup

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

experience with playgroup

Postby Poseidon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:44 am

:?
sent my dd to a playgroup at bedok north - LR
observed that they gives candies, sweet stuff to pre-schoolers, as young as 2 yr, on every friday just to make them feel happy, in addition to special occasions.
Is this a healthy practice? checked with other centres and they dont do that. "Its against healthy living to intyroduce sweets to toddlers"- i quote one of the centre.

what's the view of the forum? any good playgroup in bedok north?

Poseidon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smurf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Who say other centers dun do that. Ds was from church based kindergarten. And they do that VERY frequently. When they said they dun do that, it mean they are discouraging, but they still give. :roll:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Poseidon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:31 pm

am referring to playgroup...not kindergarten. kids a older at kindergarten right?

Poseidon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smurf » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Not necessary. A playgroup can be in a kindergarten.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Poseidon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 am

SMurf..yes yr context is in kindergarten. the scenario is playground with no kindergarten, special occassion allowed. in this case its every friday + special occassion.
I quoted apple tree, cherie hearts. They do not give weekly other than special occassion.

Any one has other inputs, beside the context of kindergarten from Smurf?

Poseidon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smurf » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:22 am

Poseidon wrote:Any one has other inputs, beside the context of kindergarten from Smurf?

Not sure what u mean here, coz I didn't argue about the context of the meaning of kindergarten. I have said previously that ds previous kindergarten did that very frequently.

In your next post, you said your child is in a playgroup, not kindergarten. So, what's the difference between playgroup and kindergarten? The bottom-line is, your child has been given candy.

I think you should voice it out to the sch management, see if they can reduce the amount.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care