2 - 4 yr old PlayGroup of a Different Kind

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

A different kind of playgroup

Postby jkcy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:34 am

Hi. I'm starting a playgroup for children between 2-4 years old. It will focus on:
Promoting parent-child bonding;
Cultivating friendship within a small group; and
Unlocking the child’s inquisitive mind

I'm currently recruiting participants. Please email askplaydates@gmail.com if you are keen to find out more.

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby corrochan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

hi, can elaborate more?

corrochan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jkcy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 am

Hi. I'm starting a playgroup for children between 2-4 years old. It will focus on:
- Promoting parent-child bonding;
- Cultivating friendship within a small group
- Unlocking the child’s inquisitive mind

I'm currently recruiting participants. Please email askplaydates@gmail.com if you are keen to find out more.

Or PM or respond to this thread.

ps: I tested my own curriculum and method on my own kiddos....and proven success :celebrate:

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jkcy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 am

[Moderator's note: Topics merged. Please do not post the same subject across different forums.]

ps: I tested my own curriculum and method on my own kiddos....and proven success :celebrate:

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jkcy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 am

- And of course, learning through music and songs

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jkcy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 am

- And of course, learning through music and songs

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby corrochan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:36 am

hi jkcy

I'm bz and honestly quite clueless on how to spend time effectively w my kiddos. Can pls give me more details on your playgrp. Thanks.

corrochan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jkcy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Corrochan. Thanks for your reply. Let me elaborate further.

This playgroup is different from other commercial enrichment programmes in 3 major ways:

1) Parental involvement
I have some enquiries from some parents who are under the impression that they are expected to contribute by preparing some activities for the group. This is not the case. Preparation for a structured programme requires passion and time. This playgroup is reaching out to parents who may not have time or do not want/know how to prepare something. I will be doing all the the research and preparation along pre-determined themes to save parents from having to spend time on this.

Instead, what I require from parents is your enthusiasm and participation in the activities, not just sitting in during the session waiting for time to pass. This will be different from some commercial playgroups I know which require only adult accompaniment and where the adults may range from parents, grandparents to even maids.

Cultivating friendship
I intend to create an environment and opportunities for parents and children to interact among yourselves. While it is true that parents tend to be too caught up attending to their own kids, this is NOT just another playgroup where you only attend for the sake of your child and don't have to bother with other people around you.

I will be encouraging parents to take an active interest in the other kids in the same group as well. Once we cultivate the "culture" of looking out for one another, you will find yourselves easing up to enjoy the playgroup and socializing with other parents and children.

Developing an inquisitive mind
This playgroup will cover a wide range of topics instead of the usual fare like teaching alphabets, numbers etc.. The theme changes every week so that the kids can be exposed to different interests. Depending on the theme, the activities will also vary from stories to songs, games, dramatisation etc and the children will bring home a piece of art/craft after each session.

Also, like to highlight that in support of the good work of I Love Children (www.ilovechildren.org.sg), I plan to rent their premises as the venue to conduct my playgroup .

I encourage you to come for a trial which will be held around end Mar. It costs only $15 per parent-child pair which can be offset if you sign up after the session.

Please register your interest through askplaydates@gmail.com with your child's name and age, your own name and contact details. Or if you have further queries, please PM me with your contact number so that I can answer all your questions.

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jkcy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi corrochan. I have more details. Please go to http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... highlight=.

jkcy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby corrochan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks jkcy

Sounds cool. Have emailed you at askplaydates@gmail.com.

Let me know if you have not received my email. Thanks, your play group sounds really interesting.

corrochan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care