HELP!! Needed feedback for childcare center at Woodlands..

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

HELP!! Needed feedback for childcare center at Woodlands..

Postby mum_dad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 am

Hi All Parents,

I am new mummy, wants to enrol my girl into childcare. I need information regarding this few childcare centers, good or bad feedbacks also can.

1) YMCA CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
at address: 171, WOODLANDS STREET 11, #01 - 55, SINGAPORE 730171

2) THE LIVING BOOK SCHOOLHOUSE PTE. LTD.
at address: 161, WOODLANDS STREET 13, #01 - 633, SINGAPORE 730161

3) KIDSZONE CHILDCARE AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
at address: 480, SEMBAWANG DRIVE, #01 - 455, SINGAPORE 750480

My girl is turning 3years old, wish to enrol her in to let her start studying and someone to take good care of when we are working. Please give us your valueable experience and advice so that we can choose the right childcare center for her....

Thanks so much to all parents who view this post and leaves advice for us.

Cheers! :D

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SCTAN » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am

Hi mum_dad,

My three children attended YMCA at Blk 171 Woodlands, with the 1st graduated over there, 2nd & 3rd will be attending until end of March as we will be shifting to Sengkang. Basically, the fee is reasonable, about less than $300 after subsidy. We chosen there not only the fee is reasonable but the location is near to our present house with less than 5 mins walk. I know that there are two indian teachers teaching English and a PRC teacher teaching Chinese. For the past over 4 years, we dun encounter much problem with this CC. Please take note that the block is undergoing lift upgrading programme. Suggest you to visit the CC to discuss with the principal and view the place personally. Hope the information useful to you.

SCTAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mum_dad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi SCTAN,

Thanks for the reply. :D I am staying nearby also ard 10mins walk, initially wanted to put her in at Blk 161 coz nearer to us, but full house.

Ok I will take ur advice go down and have a look. But is the cirriculum good? Teachers Patient?

Thanks so much for ur reply... Take care. And hope you will find a good school for ur child at ur new place. :D

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SCTAN » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:59 pm

No problem with that. I am only trying to provide information that i know of.

so far the indian teacher that i know of, Ms Meena, is quite good. As she staying nearby also, when we met her a couple of times, she will update my gal progress to us. Basic cirriculum is there, enrichment programmes like Speech & Drama and Computer need to sign up from N2 onwards. Fees for those enrichment programmes cost less than $100 per month and is optional. I only signed up the Speech & Drama for them. Chinese standard over there is quite good as the teacher is from PRC, Ms Pang. My 1st child able to recite 唐诗三百首 and basic chinese character writing when she was in the kindy level. I can only made comments on those teachers that i know of, not all teachers.

been having hard time to find a CC which charge reasonable fee in SengKang, either long waiting list or those available ones charges exorbitant. Luckily, the 2nd one able to get a place at My 1st Skool, now pending for the 3rd one on the waiting list.

SCTAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mum_dad » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm

oh ok... thats good... shall visit the cc on next week. actually I called up twice before and the staff was unable to tell me anything, only asking me to speak with the VP and I heard that they are changing the principal also.
i feel abit messy... hahahaha....

ya I agree that finding a childcare center is not an easy task. i had tried calling up so many places but non have space..

wishing u the very best in finding one for ur child :D

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SCTAN » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 pm

wishing u the very best in finding one for ur child :D[/quote]

Thanks, same to u too :D

SCTAN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care