Choosing btw Bestheda & Soka kindergarten

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Choosing btw Bestheda & Soka kindergarten

Postby Jwmum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

Hi, I'm currently staying at pasir ris estate. I intend to send my girl to Nursery nxt yr 2012. But still considering btw Bestheta Kindergarten(pasir ris) & Soka kindergaten.. I would like my girl to learn more in sch & attend some enrichment classes. Some others indoor & outdoor activities..Class ratio prefer abt 15:2..

Pls, gv me your advise. Thks! :?:

Jwmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby daddy2007 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 am

Hi

There is a thread discussing about Soka Kindergarten

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=15533

I like their Teacher-Children Ratio:
1:10 (for K1 & K2)
1:5 (Nursery)

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Choosing btw Bestheta & Soka kindergarten

Postby Jwmum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Daddy 2007,

I have came across this thread yesterday while browsing through all the topics with regards of Enrichment & kindergarten matters.

But i didnt knw that their ratio of kids is to teacher is 5:1, I like it too!
Thanks for ur info...

Anyone who has kid studying in Bestheda(pasir ris), this yr Nursery?
I would like to find out more about the sch...
Pls drop me some advise...
Thks!

Jwmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lil_jade » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

daddy2007 wrote:Hi

There is a thread discussing about Soka Kindergarten

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... hp?t=15533

I like their Teacher-Children Ratio:
1:10 (for K1 & K2)
1:5 (Nursery)

Hi!

Is the ratio so low?? Cos I was really keen on Soka (though I stayed in Sembawang area) but when I called last year, they said ratio is about 1:10-15 for NUrsery cos the other Chinese teacher is factored in for the 1:5 ratio and that she will only come during chinese lesson?

Please correct me if I'm wrong! If the ratio is indeed that low, it's definitely a pull factor even if it's far cos it sounds really good! :D

lil_jade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Choosing btw Bestheda & Soka kindergarten

Postby trixter » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:52 pm

this is a perfect thread for me.... cos i recently visited these 2 centers!

1st stop at bethesda - being my 1st visit to this place, i was a bit "lost" reading all the signages to find the kindy office. i was greeted by a granny who was sitting on the bench waiting for her grand daughter to finish her class at 1pm(i was there at 12:25). she showed me where the office is and luckily a lady who is just outside the office( given my blur face+my lil boy with me) asked me if i needed assistance. i said yes and she kindly told me that its lunch hour so there is no one available so she asked me to sit down and wait and she will inform the person in charge that i m waiting.

i decided to sit beside the granny cos she keeps looking at my lil boy...hehe..anyway, i m glad to hear tt her grandchild likes the school and teachers. after i got to meet the 'registra" or whoever she is, i gotto tour the compound and manage to catch the new session taking place.

place is "children orientated" with sand play area, children toilet and teachers engaged in 1 activity with children at least. but it will be burning hot for afternoon session as the classrooms are non aircon with only ceiling fans and a small fan on the tbl more for the teachers i think. but in all, i see happy children playing around but nobodys "fighting" or "screaming".

i left the school happily with 3.5/5 rating.

2nd stop at Soka Kindergarten - i read that this is a popular one so i die die must visit despite its inconvenient location. i stood at the lil gate looking across the hall with at least 5 adults standing abt 3meters away from me. i was "missed" untill the mr asked one of the teachers to "attend" to me. so i stood there for a good 2min looking(or rather accessing) at the situation. i was greeted by ms so and so and went touring the school. a few groups of kids at the main hall area, some eating, some eating, some running abt, playing, shouting. teachers are snacking. i reckon its meal time.

after the entire visit, my heart sank bcos i had really high hopes but i really did not feel "comfortable" in this place.

i left the school with a 2/5 rating. the envrionment is great with aircon and big place to run and place. oh yes and a lift for everyone so no need to climb stairs. i just felt something lacking which i could not explain. maybe the rave its in its teachers and cirriculum which i could not "understand" yet.

abt the teacher ratio, it should be 1 english tc, 1 chinese tc and 1 helper. not all 3 are with the 15 children at the same time so i m not sure if we should look at it as 1:5

i am going to find out more why this is so popular and maybe make a second visit. because i really am trying to find a warm, friendly, and geniune loving kindergarten for my 3yo!! :?: :?:

trixter
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care