Homeworks for Preschool & Kindergarten

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Homeworks for Preschool & Kindergarten

Postby lynda_1979@hotmail.com » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 am

Dear Mummies,

Can anybody share with me what is the homework load like for children esp. in Nursery and K1?

I'm very curious n concern..

Worried Mum

lynda_1979@hotmail.com
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby csc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 am

Are u worried that the homework is too little or too much?

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mintcc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 am

actually, I am quite interested to see what kind of home work different preschool have.

Right now, my N1 son in Sparkletots get about
3 pages a week of "homework" from his Phoenics class in school.
basically the home work involve doing things like pasting stickers on the correct box, colouring on the pictures and tracing dotted lines on letters. So one week he do A, next week he do B and we are suppose to go over all the few words with A sound with a CD of songs as we do the work sheet. I find it kind of fun and My boy jump and sing the songs and want to do the stickers excercise in the rest of the book... so I don't really think of it as "work"

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mom2boys » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 pm

hi,,

sharing some infor here :lol:
for my K1 son, every monday, they will hv 2 chinese words spelling, friday is 3 engish word spelling. the spelling list is given to us 1mth in advance..

every friday, my son will bring back his 2pg of english/or maths worksheet, 2pg of chinese writing...

not complaining about the homework..but just find that the spelling words a bit tough for K1 kids? like chinese, they learning 'flower' ?

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sleepy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:29 pm

for K1

daily Chinese homework. Write one page of simple Chinese characters eg. number 9
thrice a week English homework. Write one page alphablets
once a week Maths homework

No spelling or tingxie

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby anxiousmummy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm

No homework for my K1 kid so far :) no forcing of words writing. a lot of activities in school that encourage creativity. school teaches kid to recognise words, and that's about all.

anxiousmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby vintlay » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am

anxiousmummy wrote:No homework for my K1 kid so far :) no forcing of words writing. a lot of activities in school that encourage creativity. school teaches kid to recognise words, and that's about all.

To my surprise, when I enroll my dd to MRC Learning centre in K2 this year, there is a lot of homework. It started off from N2 then K1. My dd lose out as she did not know anything. Slowly she learn and able to cope with spelling, reading, writing, maths and chinese. She also learn a bit of moral study and science.
My dd was now temporary away from class for 3 months in China together with my wife in hometown. The challenge is when she is back in July to attend MRC she will be facing the problem in English.

vintlay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Homeworks for Nursery and K1

Postby Mishasha » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:58 am

My gal is in N2 with a full day childcare. Never have any homework but she did quite a bit of handicrafts in school. But she learnt lots of words (Eng & Chinese) and able to read books on her own. I let her do some writing and IQ activites at home (bought from Maha Yuyi Bookstore).

Mishasha
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

K1's Amount of Homework

Postby vfong1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Kindly share if K1 level has a lot of schoolwork?

Can anyone share?
Last edited by vfong1 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: K1

Postby KoalaMummy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm

vfong1 wrote:Kindly share if K1 level has a lot of housework?

Can anyone share?

huh, housework for K1 ? :?

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care