Music enrichment class for 11 month-old toddler

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Music enrichment class for 11 month-old toddler

Postby alvinlkw » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

Dear parents,

I am intending to send my daughter to attend music classes. So far I have been to Gimboree and Kindermusik to enquire. Do you have any other classes to recommend? She is inclined to music so we think that it may be a good time to discover her talent and how far can she grow in this area.

Thanks! :D

alvinlkw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Music enrichment class for 11 month-old toddler

Postby phankao » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:49 pm

alvinlkw wrote:Dear parents,

I am intending to send my daughter to attend music classes. So far I have been to Gimboree and Kindermusik to enquire. Do you have any other classes to recommend? She is inclined to music so we think that it may be a good time to discover her talent and how far can she grow in this area.

Thanks! :D

Staccato

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby grapevine » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi. My son is 18 mths, he loves singing and dancing to music too, but my friends with kids have discouraged me from signing up for music enrichment. They say their kids didn't enjoy the classes at all - mainly kindermusik and some others. Say the kids just wander about the room and teachers just carry on singing , playing instruments etc. Did you have any positive experience with any of the schools?
I just bought CD's to expose him to a wide range of music and he's happy to dance and attempt to sing with me.

grapevine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby alvinlkw » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Does your son sing/dance while he is watching or listening to music? I didn't send my daughter to any class but she enjoyed the times when I played music for her. Now she can sing and dance to the songs. I guess you just have to sing and dance with her to enjoy it. I bought some of those children songs such as Old McDonald etc and she loves them. You just have to find out what songs your son loves and buy similar songs to let him enjoy them. I am slowly exposing her to chinese ones and she begins to appreciates them too. :smile:

grapevine wrote:Hi. My son is 18 mths, he loves singing and dancing to music too, but my friends with kids have discouraged me from signing up for music enrichment. They say their kids didn't enjoy the classes at all - mainly kindermusik and some others. Say the kids just wander about the room and teachers just carry on singing , playing instruments etc. Did you have any positive experience with any of the schools?
I just bought CD's to expose him to a wide range of music and he's happy to dance and attempt to sing with me.

alvinlkw
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby grapevine » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Alvinlkw,
Yes! That's what I did for my son too. You can also get some of thoes DVD's that have kids singing and dancing. My son likes to follow the actions. And I agree, exposing the kids to different music helps them to cultivate an interest for them!
Thanks for your advise.

grapevine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care