Childcare centre never lock gate or main glass door

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Childcare centre never lock gate or main glass door

Postby MyMooMoo » Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am

Hi all,

I realised that my child's childcare centre never lock their gate and they have no intention to lock it as they have put up a sign that it will remain open. There is a glass door leading to the office and classrooms but, it is never locked either.

Although it happens that sometime teachers will walk around but i feel insecure and no physical control over strangers who is trying to sneak in and easily bring any toddler away.. All it takes is 3 "monkey" toddlers in a class and 1 of them can easily be taken away without the notice of the teacher (coz teacher will be busy with the other 2 "monkey". It will be too late by the time the teacher realise that 1 toddler is missing.

I have checked with mcys. They do not have regulation to this safety matter.

Can someone advise me what should i do? Should I raise this issue? what if the childcare centre ignore my concern?

MyMooMoo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Childcare centre never lock gate or main glass door

Postby LOLMum » Wed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm

thing is pp here tends to take safety for granted and "oh no, such things never or will never happen here" is very common not just in schools but also at home.

i got very irritated whenever i saw parents/maids leaving the gates opened when entering or leaving the school. it didnt occurred to them that their kids could be the one wondering out of the school unnoticed. these people must be blind not to see the huge sign "Pls close gates at all times".

you may choose to transfer your child out of school or get other parents' support to force the school to take the issue of safety seriously.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Childcare centre never lock gate or main glass door

Postby MyMooMoo » Wed May 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Oh... Thank Q so much!! I thought im paranoid.. Thank you.. I will call the school

MyMooMoo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care