[Jurong East/Jurong West] Infant Care

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Jurong East/Jurong West] Infant Care

Postby etlo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:29 am

My first skool (blk 671a) vs Whispering Hearts vs My little skool at safra jurong

Can anyone give reviews about these places? I would really appreciate it very much.

Also, is it safe for immobile babies to in rockers all the time?

etlo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Infant Care at JW -

Postby littlehelper » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Not sure about the centers but i guess it's safe for immobile babies to be in rockers(of cos to be supervised and checked on regularly) but i don't think it's good.
They should be carried/ placed on playmats see the world a little, be entertained during "awake" moments as much as possible. In a IFC it's impossible to have it all the time but it will be great if the teachers make an effort :)

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

[Jurong East] Infant Care

Postby Juronge » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Original Title: Infantcare in Jurong East

Hi
My boy is 9 months old & am looing to put him in infantcare.Can someone recommend a good infantcare in Jurong east. Also any comments on Cherie hearts IBP?
Thanks
J

Juronge
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby etlo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Because currently my child is at one of the infant care as stated. I observed and not very comfortable but I am not sure if I am too fussy. I was allowed 1/2 day there for three days and I realised

7 am- child comes in and placed in rocker
7-10 am - child is either given a bath or feed and then return to rocker
10 am - rock to sleep in rocker. only transfer to cot when requested
10-1 pm - when child wakes up, she is placed in rocker again and only play on mattress for a little while (at most 1/2 hour)

When I requested not to place her in the rocker so often , I received "we are professionals" and "no because the other babies will step on her" reply. I don't know if I am too sensitive but surely she should not be placed in the rocker the whole day? The teachers seem to play more with the toddlers and the babies are usually left alone unless they make noise. But they can make them finish their milk and mine is a fussy drinker... so am I too fussy??

etlo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby littlehelper » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:26 pm

No i don't think you are too fussy. That's why i would look out for centers which seperate older infants and younger infants (if possible) such that "stepping on each other" will not happen.

But i guess it's a good thing that they can make him finish his milk. :)

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Infantcare in Jurong East

Postby watertap » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:59 am

Very spacious, bright and clean.
Full day infant care hours are 7am-7:30pm instead of 7pm.
But very inconvenient if you do not have a car right it is right inside IBP with no public transport going in. Of course if you work in IBP then its different story. :)

watertap
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care