Need your advice - incident between children in childcare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Need your advice - incident between children in childcare

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:55 am

Hello, I am a working mother. My daughter is K1 and attending a childcare centre in Sembawang area.

On Thursday, a kid from her class threw away all her pencils and colour pencils, 2 water bottles and a communication booklet which were put at different places. The teacher said she did not witness this because she and the students were in another class. The things she threw away were never found. That kid claimed she wanted to drink water and went back to the classroom herself and then threw the things out of window. But she admitted she did it. Now the mother of the kid wants witness and never says a word of apology. I am quite dissappointed in the way the childcare management handle in this matter. On Thursday, no one gave me a detail of what happened. On the second day, the teacher supposed to call me to explain but never did. When I called them, the supevisor said the case was still under investigation and they could only advise on next Monday. I just want a full details of what happen and what they wanted to do about the kid and why that kid did this. My child has feedbacked that this kid has always pinched her and scolded her when she cried in the class. Not sure if I should start looking for another better child care centre.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Need your advice.

Postby happydaddy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 pm

In the first place, all stationery item to be provided by the school. Did the school ask u to bring it? If it is, pls lodge a complain to mcys about this.

If not it is yr own fault nobody can be blame. If u did not bring all this, this problem will not happen.

happydaddy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:04 am

Yes, they requested children to bring their own pencil box. Are you sure this is a valid complaint?

Then what about the water bottles? Is it my own fault too? I cannot agree with your statement.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:12 am

I did not buy new colour pencils for my daughter after that incidence :nunchuk: . Now the teacher is asking me to buy :slapshead: . My daughter passed message :slapshead: she was using her friends' colour pencils, "teacher asked you to buy" :stupid: .

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bigsnoopy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 am

happydaddy wrote:In the first place, all stationery item to be provided by the school. Did the school ask u to bring it? If it is, pls lodge a complain to mcys about this.

If not it is yr own fault nobody can be blame. If u did not bring all this, this problem will not happen.

Are you quite sure about that? My DD cc also need her to bring co our pencils, markers and pencils. They bring to school every Monday and leave it in school and bring back home on Friday for us to sharpen. I didn't know it is cc responsibility to provide stationary.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:33 am

Strange, when I was still a FTWM, all stationery were provided by cc attended by my DD1. Even now when my kids are in kindy, they only bring snacks and water bottle

As for the pinching incident, it's best to role-play with your child to help her to stand up for herself, eg, to tell the girl to stop pinching her whem she pinches your DD, ask your DD to tell the teacher immediately when she pinched her, if possible ask your DD to keep her distance from the girl. If there's more than 1 class of K1, you could also consider to ask to switch class.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bigsnoopy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 am

Bubbles in heaven wrote:I did not buy new colour pencils for my daughter after that incidence :nunchuk: . Now the teacher is asking me to buy :slapshead: . My daughter passed message :slapshead: she was using her friends' colour pencils, "teacher asked you to buy" :stupid: .

I only allow DD to bring old colour pencils and cheap pencils to school.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bubbles in heaven » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

I had already my DD from this childcare. She will be joining Eager beaver next month. Hope everything will be fine.

Bubbles in heaven
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby junemum72 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:50 pm

I also didnt know kids have to bring their own stationeries to school. Mine has never since toddler class leh?

Which school your daughter is in?

junemum72
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:20 pm

is it necessary to name the school?

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care