Enough childcare centre in Sengkang?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Enough childcare centre in Sengkang?

Postby FutureTeacher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

I am a student pursuing diploma in Early Childhood. One of my assignments require us to conduct a survey on parents to find out the demands for childcare centre or any student related service in their area.

My group have chosen Sengkang area and we have successfully interviewed some friendly and helpful citizens. I would like to use this platform to find out more. I will really be thankful if some parents living in Sengkang respond to this:)
1) Do you have children under 12 years old?
2) How old are they?
3) What kind of services would you like to see being offered in your area?(childcare centre, kindergarten, before school care, after school care etc)
4) How much are you willing to pay for the services?

THANK YOU:)
Last edited by FutureTeacher on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

FutureTeacher
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Enough childcare centre in Sengkang?

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:55 am

Dear Future Teacher,

First of all, I'm not staying in Sengkang but the neighbouring town, Punggol. So, here's my take. I believe there is not enough childcare in Sengkang as people from Punggol are already going to Sengkang for childcare.
1) No
2) 4, 6 & 9
3) Definitely need caring teachers and those committed to nurturing the children.
4) Really depends on how much one can afford and the level of service offered. As for me, my budget will not be high as I've 3 to take care off.

Cheers,

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby FutureTeacher » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Dear heyhoe

Thank You so much for the respond:) Really appreciate your respond because it will help in my assignment. Yes, the parents we interviewed at Sengkang have the same observation as you. They mentioned that there isnt enough childcare centre in Sengkang.

Thank You once again

FutureTeacher
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bebebub » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 pm

FutureTeacher wrote:I am a student pursuing diploma in Early Childhood. One of my assignments require us to conduct a survey on parents to find out the demands for childcare centre or any student related service in their area.

My group have chosen Sengkang area and we have successfully interviewed some friendly and helpful citizens. I would like to use this platform to find out more. I will really be thankful if some parents living in Sengkang respond to this:)

1) Do you have children under 1 years old? No
2) How old are they? 3 n 9
3) What kind of services would you like to see being offered in your area?(childcare centre, kindergarten, before school care, after school care etc) after school care - I think there will be a shortage especially when all schools turn single session. I prefer to send my kids to a centre in my neighborhood so that I can pick them up on my way home from work.
4) How much are you willing to pay for the services?

THANK YOU:)

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FutureTeacher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Thank You bebebub for your response. I truly appreciate it. Sorry for my late reply as I was juggling some assignments.

Anyway now it is trend for couples to want their children to be taught the "play based" curriculum instead of the traditional worksheet methods. How about you?

Thank You:)

FutureTeacher
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care