[Woodlands] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

[Woodlands] Preschools

Postby mum_dad » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Original Title: Still can't decide on which CC, pls advise me if u can. thx.

Hi All,

Till now, I still cant decide on which CC to let my girl attend. Very headache.. :?

Which CC shall I choose?

I have went Sweetkids at blk 643, place is organize and looks ok... went there a few times just couldnt see teacher teaching.. all went out...

And I went to Phyllis Riccia at 49 Woodgrove Ave, place looks run down, abit messy on ground floor, but the person in charge show me their curriculum which is quite good. they base on holistic program and also creative teaching.

Now got ppl recommend me Cherie Hearts at woodlands, have not went there to view the center yet.

I am really very confused on how to choose a good childcare. I know that no childcare is perfect but I wish my girl to go into a good CC and she can learn more things, as learn that early childhood is very important. And hopefully she can be prepare for P1 by K2, so that she will not feel the stress impact.

Anyone can advise me? Which to choose?

Thank you very much.

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Still can't decide on which CC, pls advise me if u can.

Postby kat78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:35 pm

First of all, did you call and ask whether do they have any more vacancies? I did tried calling them and enquiry but most of them are fully taken up. I feel no point headache now. Most impt is call and ask and make a trip down to take a look b4 deciding.

Im now like you in dilemma cozs Im changing my girl CC also. Wanted her to learn as foundation is very impt and at the same time the sch fees muz not be ex cozs im sending her to enrichment. *headache*

tinking of sending her to PCF but not sure what is good for her also.... :(

kat78
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mum_dad » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Kat78,

Thanks for the reply. I was given the vacancy but have to make decision by this week. Thats why very headache.

Dunno to choose brand or non brand. Place wise, to choose HDB or landed, enviroment wise, run down or normal.

Sob... where to ask for help.

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby littlehelper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Brand or no brand does not matter.
Really depends on the management of each individual center. I think if the place looks rundown/dirty/not well maintained you can forget about it.

Then continue and see which centers you prefer.
What's your priority? Teachers/environment/curriculum?
If you can find one with all that's up to your standard then that's it if not just settle for the best and if your child is happy i think that should be good enough :)

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kat78 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:18 pm

i agreed to littlehelper.. to me i tink teacher play a very impt role. my girl is in a branded CC... but i feel her teacher not good. tat is why i wan to chg.

can i ask did u go to ymca at blk 171? how is it?

kat78
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mum_dad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:54 am

Hi littlehelper,

Hmm, I feel Teachers, environment, curriculum is in my requirement. haha.. very hard to please hoh.. haha..

Just know that I wish to find her a good sch and able to prepare her for P1 in future. So that she will not have to struggle as foundation is good.

So headache to find a CC for her...

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mum_dad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

Hi kat78,

I heard that Blk 171 woodlands street 13 YMCA CC is not bad. But I nv go see before.. Maybe you would like to go down and take a look :)

mum_dad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby littlehelper » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

hahaha yesss very hard to please :S
So like i said you have to prioritise and see which is your utmost concern and settle for it.
I would advice you to look for one with good principle and teachers.Curriculum not so important( especially if it's in a small center - more individual attention). Anw, even if the curriculum is first class but the teachers are lousy, they probably won't be doing much teaching.

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

So like i said you have to prioritise and see which is your utmost concern and settle for it.
I would advice you to look for one with good principle and teachers.Curriculum not so important( especially if it's in a small center - more individual attention). Anw, even if the curriculum is first class but the teachers are lousy, they probably won't be doing much teaching.

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care