Which type of preschool is suitable for an introvert child?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Which type of preschool is suitable for an introvert child?

Postby mymagicteddy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:25 am

My DD is 3.5yrs. She doesn't want to interact with unfamiliar ppl. She will not say hello or goodbye to strangers. She also doesn't interact with other children. She prefers watching them play. I intend to send her to a preschool soon but my DH & me have different preferences to the type of preschool. I prefer sending her to a preschool that emphasize on speech & drama hoping they will help to open my child. My DH feels that it is not appropriate for her as she doesn't like to speak up infront of ppl. Does anyone has any experience or advice? Thank you.

mymagicteddy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Which type of preschool is suitable for an introvert chi

Postby lala81 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:17 pm

my daughter is an introvert by nature too...i chose a preschool that is very speech and drama centred. I wun not say that my daughter has changed her introvert character since she attended the preschool but at least she is used to the culture of speaking up and used to perform in front of a crowd. when she was 3.5 yo, she was so tensed up during the rehearsals of their year end concert even though she is only the back stage character-acted as a bird in the play(just need to flutter the wings ard). As times goes by, though she isnt confident to be the lead yet, she is no longer afraid of performing. I would say that the speech and drama culture has built up her confidence.

But character wise, she is still very much her "introvert" person. need time to warm up to strangers and she will watch by the sidelines with other unfamilar children instead of joining.

lala81
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Which type of preschool is suitable for an introvert chi

Postby GLEEYZ » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 pm

My son is currently 3 years old N1.

He is also an introvert, he is very talkative, active and playful at home.
But at school, he does not participate and rather be left alone.

He is usually the only child sitting in a corner when other kids are playing.

This really disturbs me, I am worried that it will shape his character in future and becoming an outcast when he grow up.

Does anyone have any school to recommend for a child of such character?

GLEEYZ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care