Nursery with private playground and along the NEL MRT line

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Nursery with private playground and along the NEL MRT line

Postby MerlionInGermany » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi,

We will move to Singapore this June, and will be at Sengkang for about 2 years.

I am looking for childcare/ pre-nursery (2009) or childcare/ nursery (2010) for her. Can someone help us as we are not familiar with children's stuff in Singapore?

The criteria would be:
1. no air con
2. private playground
3. along the NEL MRT line as we may have no car in the beginning

Thank you.

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi

You can consider Catholic kindergarten. My son is currently studying there. It has no aircon and is easily accessible by Kovan mrt. They have a private playground. They also have sand pit/playhouse and toy cars etc.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Catholic Kindergarten, Kovan MRT

Postby MerlionInGermany » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Is the name "Catholic Kindergarten"? Would you be able to give me the phone/address so that I can call/google and make sure I am looking at the correct establishment?

Thanks.

MerlionInGermany
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby blueblue » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Yes, the name is Catholic kindergarten. Run by the Marists Brothers. The add/phone as below. I would like to add that this is not a childcare but a kindergarten.

15 Flower Rd, 549404,
phone: 62833821

[/img]

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

hi - can you also let me know how good is St pauls kindergar

Postby karya » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

hi - can you also let me know how good is St pauls kindergarten .

karya
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blueblue » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:00 am

Sorry I am not very sure abt St Paul's kindergarten so I can't give any comments. Why not give both of them a call and ask them for a tour around the school? It is better to view the school to see if you and your child like the environment.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby foreverj » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:52 pm

hi blueblue,

the playground looks fantastic! :D how do u find the school n how much r the fees for pre N and Nursery? is it difficult to register for a place?

if u r able, can provide info on what curriculum they use for english, math n chinese (if available)?

how often does your child fall sick on average (if at all)?

thanks.

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby buds » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow, blue blue!
This pre-school space looks AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing! If it wasn't too far
from my place, i might want to apply
for work there!

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blueblue » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi foreverj

Catholic kindergarten has history of more than 30 years. (38 years if I am not wrong) The fees for pre-nursery/nursery for next year is $400+ per term (sorry can't remember the exact amount)

The topics that are taught are the same as other pre-schools. Was given a handbook on the these topics last year. I can't find it at the moment. I can type them down once I found it. They also hv music and movement.

Yes the playground is indeed fantastic. My son always dash for the little tikes car whenever there is a free play. I want my child to have a happy childhood. They added a new wing for pre-nursery. My son is lucky enough to study in the new classroom. As I mentioned the school is more than 30 years, some parts of school do look a bit old.

He is only 27 months when he attends the pre-nursery and he takes the schoolbus. They even have assembly at the music hall. I am sure he will not have any problem adjusting to life at primary school.

The teachers are friendly and warm. I remember passing by a class when the class ended. I was there to have a look at the school before registering my son. A little girl was crying because she can't bear to leave the teacher. The teacher has to console her in the end.

My son did not attend school twice due to having running nose. Luckily the school is not air-conditioned so still not too bad. However they do hv a few cases of HFMD last month. They do take precaution and no more new cases in 2 weeks.

I think there shouldn't be any problem about getting a place as they take in quite a number of students. Priorities will be given to Catholics in the first phase.

Hope the info helps you :D
Last edited by blueblue on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blueblue » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:54 pm

yes buds. I would consider the space is awesome for a kindy. They also have a big music hall which they held concerts and they are now building a quarter for Marists Brothers.

Hey that thought also crossed my mind. I think the environment is great! :lol:

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care