Odyssey Global Preschool@ Wilkinson (Mountbatten)

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Odyssey Global Preschool@ Wilkinson (Mountbatten)

Postby mummyZ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi there mums and dads,

Does anyone have any feedback on the Odyssey Global Preschool? I have taken at look at the school and the facilities were impressive and the centre director, Komala, was very nice. I am looking at enrolling my boy for N1 in 2013. The school seems to have a good mix of locals and foreigners, which an important factor in our eventual choice. I've taken a look at Eton House, liked it, but the fees come up to just about S$25,000 a year, including the registration....so it is a bit too expensive. I'd also appreciate any recommendations of a good pre-school in the Mountbatten, East Coast or Upper East Coast Area, with good, caring teachers, curriculum and a decent outdoor play area within the schoolgrounds.

mummyZ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Odyssey Global Preschool@ Wilkinson (Mountbatten)

Postby empre » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:36 am

As an early childhood professional myself, I like the Odyssey Global Preschool, and specifically I visited the Mountbatten branch. The children there are very fortunate to have great teachers, with 3 teachers in each classroom. The children there were not only "work/study smart" but were also people smart. When I entered the school, a few of the children came up to me and initiate conversation by saying "Nice to meet you" without any teachers' prompting. I like how the curriculum is comprehensive and definitely an exemplary school where their practice is based on children's development and theories. I saw that you emphasized the decent outdoor play area, and I must say I was impressed or even "jealous" when I saw Odyssey's playground - A huge soccer field, the huts, the playground facilities, etc. I also like how the teachers extend children's learning beyond the classroom, teaching in outdoor environment.

As for EtonHouse, I was privilege to meet up with the founder. The curriculum EtonHouse provides is more attractive to Singaporean parents because of their focus on bilingual curriculum. In terms of school fees, I think it is important to consider that although both have foreign children in their school, I reasoned that EtonHouse is more pricey partly because they are a certified IB (International Baccalaureate) school, whereas Odyssey is in the process of getting certified.

I hope this information helps :)

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby CutieQiQi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi MummyZ,

I also have the intention to enrol my girl in Odyssey Wilkinson :) I have actually contacted the school and will be enrolling her for N1 in 2013 too. lol..we are going to be classmates?

CutieQiQi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mummyZ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi empre,

Thanks for the informative feedback. I was wondering if you were or are a teacher at The Global Preschool? I have made another appointment to discuss some finer points and have put my boy on the waitlist.

CutieQiQi- yeah looks like our kids might be classmates:) Are you already on teh waitlist?

mummyZ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby empre » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:23 pm

No worries MummyZ, I know about Odyssesy and EtonHouse, not because I worked or am working there. I know about such information through interactions with other various professionals in the industry and of course, and visits to the various preschool in Singapore.

I hope your son enjoys learning! :)

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RTmummy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 am

My girl is currently in Odyssesy since she was in N2. She is in K2 now. I was first attracted by the large outdoor field and then the sch refurbished to their current modern look. likewise the school fees. The teachers are great and the students are given opportunity to extend their learning beyond classrooms like music, cooking, painting, scrulture etc. Alot of parents involvement too. My girl enjoyed the exposure and I felt that she is more confident now and is able to mix well with both local and foreign students.

Hope that helps.

RTmummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby yummycookiz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm

RTmummy how is the u2 curriculum like and how exposed are the kids to mandarin? Somehow in my walk around with the principal I couldn't get a good feel of the specific curriculum and I'm concerned as a regular sg parent whether the curriculum can enable the kids to assimilate into the primary school system. Any observations u can share since u hAve a child who is in the school now in u2. I struggled v much to decide between Brighton and odyssey and I'm still wondering odyssey offers a good balance. If theres a strong case, I'm open to switch my gal over

yummycookiz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Lisa77 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,

Can you advise what is the fee charged by Odyssey Global Preschool @ Wilkinson? Is the N2 class a full day class (child care) or it is half day? I have drive pass the campus and it look nice :).

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Lisa77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Thenun7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi! I'll be checking Odyssey out soon. Can I check with RTmummy how the school prepares the kids for primary school? Cos I've been told that the school is more geared for foreign students who will go on to international schools. Tks!

Thenun7
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Galant1688 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 pm

My son is in tots and happy with the school. Other than high school fees, everything in odyssey from teachers, classmates, environment, etc are excellent.

There is also a weekly update in a form of newsletter emailed to us . Newsletter will consist of photos n activities that our toddler had last week in school.

Thumbs up

Galant1688
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care