Entrepreneur class for children?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Entrepreneur class for children?

Postby empre » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi, am looking for entrepreneur classes for children!! Want to enroll my nephew in one, he has business mind, but cant find any suitable classes for him. Please suggest! Have your child attended it? If yes, how was it?

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Entrepreneur class for children?

Postby meinteel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 am

Frankly speaking, i attended a few of these talks and courses. I find them useless and not helpful. I decided to strike it out on my own earlier this year and it was when I learnt everything. I started with a pushcart business, but the investment is probably too much if your nephew is very young.

If your nephew is old enough, let him try with a blogshop or something and guide him along. Doing it is the best way to learn. You can bring him out to those business fairs too. Trade shows, franchise & licensing fairs. Observe how people negotiate and what kind of questions do businessman ask.

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:13 am

:smile: I'm just curious. What is being covered in such entrepreneur classes? How old must the children be to benefit from these classes? :scratchhead:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby empre » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah Mandy Mummy! Your questions are what I wanted to ask too.
How about classes to manage money too? I mean as entrepreneur, you will need to be money smart right?

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Wan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:11 pm

My son PCF K2's theme this term is entrepreneurship. I think they r trying to equip them with the thinking skills (base cost, pricing, profit & lost) at a young age. My son made some clay art to sell at open house in nov. Not a bad idea to instill some $ sense/ value of $ in them

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby empre » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Ohh! Wan, thats nice to hear! I agree that it's a good idea to instill $ sense in them! The money children are using are the parents' hard-earned money, yet it is a pity that children have yet appreciate that.

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Wan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Agree. He just "exchanged" his drawing with a craft by a classmate yesterday. He told me it is valued at $2.

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby empre » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Haha! :) But I guess it part and parcel of children's learning :)

empre
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jeestan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 am

What schools teach this? This is interesting and useful for kids to know. In the future, a mere degree will be nothing. They need to have ideas and creativity to survive.

jeestan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ConcernedDaddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:15 am

I think this is a good idea. But not sure if the kid's mental development is ready for it? There's so many things they already need to absorb, intellectually and emotionally at a young age.

ConcernedDaddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care