Rigby Rocket Readers

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Rigby Rocket Readers

Postby luvmum » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 am

Realised tat quite a number of kindergarten have been using the above as readers. Do you find it too simple for K1 level? I feel tat and though my girl can read fluently on this reader, when placed her on books with more challenging words and more words, she finds it hard. :?:

Hence made me wonder if Rigby is the right standard for K1 and I am expecting too much at her level now.

Pl throw in your comments... :celebrate:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Cartier » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi

The Rigby Rocket consists of various levels from pink to turquoise, which level is your dd reading?

I have attached a link below to the highest level (turquoise level) where you can see for yourself the sample passages to address your concerns, I have just bought the whole set and imho the turquoise level books are pretty appropriate. I also own the Rigby Fluency level, Oxford Learning Tree, Longman Sails, WOL readers and I find that the turquoise level is fits K1 and K2.

In addition to readers provided by the school, you might also encourage her to read widely and if your means allow, expose her to other publishers' readers, fiction & non-fiction books written by other popular writers for her to polish up her English.

http://www.edventurebooks.com/Rigby/Roc ... quoise.htm

I hope the above sheds some light for you.

Cheers.

Cartier
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby luvmum » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks Cartier for shedding some lights :celebrate: ...realised her books are a mixture of colours, so should be of varying levels. Ya need to continue exposing her to more books. :love:

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care