[Bedok/Katong/Marine Parade/Siglap] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
mp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: [Bedok/Katong/Marine Parade/Siglap] Preschools

Post by mp » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 pm

My two daughters attended Holy Family Kindergarten at Katong for 3 years and they really enjoyed it very much. The teachers are warm and caring. Now, my youngest daughter has just graduated and we already miss the school, especially the teachers. In addition, while the school, a catholic-based taught my daughters the right values, my daughters also did academically well in all 3 main subjects - English, Chinese and Maths. All thanks to Holy Family and I have no regrets sending them there in the first place.

SydneyBB
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by SydneyBB » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:39 pm

St Hilda's kindergarten at Celyon Rd is very good. Holistic yet academically inclined.
Teachers are mostly long serving with a passion to teach young children.
They have spelling and tingxie since K1, so no problem for child to do well in P1.

SingMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

[Bedok/Katong/Marine Parade/Siglap] Preschools

Post by SingMum » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:46 pm

My 3 years old daughter is in My First Classroom and she is extremely happy with the school. The preschool has from this year adopted the Townforkids Preschool programme! Mrs Oh the principal is a very dedicated & passionate educator. Ask for a school visit and you will be impressed with the atmosphere there ;)

shaye
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by shaye » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:23 pm

My son has been going to Great Beginnings Montessori at Joo Chiat for the past 1.5 years, started in PN, now in N2. He says he'll rather stay home and play, but actually he's as happy as we can expect about school, saying school was "good", "even better", or that "I had fun" haha! My hubby and I like the teachers there and the small intimate setting. There's no AC, which is a plus in my books. This year, they had a change in Chinese curriculum and I was very pleased to see a huge difference in his interest in the language. In a very short time, from really little exposure at home, he's been able to recognise quite a few words and even pointed to the Chinese subtitles while Frozen was on! Better still, these materials are sent home & my son takes them out to go through on his own and show off to me, which is entirely fine by me :) At a Montessori school, your child progresses at their own level. My son loved his phonics when he was 2, so he works on 3 letter words at school and can read simple sentences. And slowly but surely, he's getting more independent, and even my parents can see the difference especially in the past few months. The teacher & you are in contact via the communications book and I loved getting a folder of pictures of my son at work every 2 months or so. Really liking the changes the school has made this year, and can wholeheartedly recommend.

Mylittlegirl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Mylittlegirl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:54 am

Any thots anyone on pink Montessori or mindchamps@east coast? A
Friend is keen and ask me for opinion? Thot I post here?

Zyng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Zyng » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Will like to share there is a new Rosemary Hall Montessori Childcare at Rambai Road opened late last year.
It has a huge outdoor area and the classrooms are naturally ventilated.
This is the third centre. The other two centres are in Marina Square and Robinson Road.
Can visit the website at www.rosemaryhall.com for more information.

Wacanfang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Wacanfang » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi mummies and daddies, anyone has sent their child to MMI Bedok Reservoir? Any feedback on the teachers, curriculum and environment of this centre? Appreciate your replies :)

ocearth
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ocearth » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:29 am

Both my children attend Great Beginnings in Joo Chiat for nearly 3yrs. Yes a change of principle and some teachers left, due to change of "boss". My kids are stayed throughout the change (students and school principle). The school environment and set-up is a big plus. I can understand the feelings of the parents when they announced changed of principle. Everyone was suddenly jolted out of their little comfort area. New principle so far managing fine. You have to see the environment first before deciding anyway. If nothing else big happening, my kids will continue with the school. Can see they are very comfortable there. Comm book is implemented with the change of principle. Previously parents will either send emails or catch the teachers for a brief scope of the child's progress.

:wink:

Ckingzl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Ckingzl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:28 am

Anyone tried MMI Bedok Reservoir or Cherie Heart @ Bedok Res?

Ckingzl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Ckingzl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:28 am

Anyone tried MMI Bedok Reservoir or Cherie Heart @ Bedok Res?