[Hougang/Punggol/Sengkang] Preschools

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.
J-mummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: [Hougang/Punggol/Sengkang] Preschools

Post by J-mummy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi,

anyone has any review on Berry Tree Preschool at Punggol?

Eagle7_6
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Eagle7_6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi all, before I enroll my child In a preschool last year, I read extensively in kiasu parents. I'm grateful for those comments posted which gives me a good perspective. My child is now in second year. I would like to just share a little as a return. After much searching and reading, we finally chose the Montessori playroom at hougang central. The school is not academically driven but I like it because it offers a more balanced approach towards education. My child enjoys school a lot and look forward to going to school. I would think Montessori approach in laying math foundation is good. My child, turning 4 this year, can count from 1 to 100, and in hundreds to 1000, understands simple concept of addition and subtraction and can do simple sums. ( perhaps this is quite normal for kids turning 4 this year, I'm not sure where most kids are at this stage, but I'm satisfied with it :) )
Every school has its own merit. At the end of the day, it is what best suit your child learning style. All the best in your search for a best preschool for your child. ;)

Emmummie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Emmummie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi mummies & daddies,

Anyone has review on Tinker Tots montessori at Hougang Green?

Thanks in advance! :pray:

Little_N
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Little_N » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Limeliw wrote:Anyone has kids at MMI Compassvale? How is it?
Hi! I m New here and chance upon this forum. I just visited this centre and I found it really appaling. I witnessed a teacher pointing at a student while scolding him and I saw another teacher giving death stare to another student when he walked out from the class. This centre is untidy despite it being only 5 years old. I will urge parents to give serious thought when sending to Thia centre. When I stood outside the entrance, I don't even feel like stepping in. Utterly disappointed.

Shania608
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Shania608 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:52 am

Dear Parents:
I am Shania, a postgraduate student from Jinan University. I am doing a survey for my study that evaluate parent/child book reading in Chinese amongst Singaporean-Chinese families.
To Thank you for participating in this survey, you will receive free learning resources and information to help your child learn Chinese at home.
It's online survey and it will take :thankyou: about 10mins.
https://uxbtmq.fanqier.com/f/hfieud

If your child going to Kindergarten or preschool, please kindly fill in this survey.
All information from this survey will be invaluable to my research.
Thank you!

rept123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by rept123 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Hii!

Please suggest me any pre school in Calgary.I recently shifted from Singapore.

KellyTee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by KellyTee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:03 am

Hi, anyone has any feedback on Mindchamps Punggol or Buangkok branch?

Mythoughts
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mythoughts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:56 am

I wonder if there is any parent here putting your child at junior champs kovan. I am thinking of putting my child at this centre, but I have not so good impression about the school after the centre visit.
1)they dun allow parents to visit on weekdays..can only come down on weekends. This is the kinda weird to me, other childcare centre will actually ask me to go dwn on weekday lesson hours, so that the parents can really see how the kids doing in school.
2) the appointment on sat is not with the principal . A teacher was told to entertain me..
3)I have no complain about the school compound ..I am OK with the environment. But when I asked if there is any portal for parents to see the kids photos, she told me she is not sure about it. When I asked more about the pre nursery programme, she said she is teaching k1, so she is not very sure about the programme. When I asked about the k1&k2 then she ask me why do I need to ask so much about k1n k2, my kid is only in pre nursery class. I was rather piss off with her reply. Basically she can't really answer my questions , and make me feel like I am too demanding to ask all about it.

The reason I want to understand the whole school programme is because I hope not to change her school once I enroll her in. Shouldn't i have the right to ask?

I am kind of disappointed after the visit , the location is really convenient for me to send my kid there. But the teacher make me feel not comfortable to send my kid.

Any junior champs parent can share your experiences?
Thanks!

marmalade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by marmalade » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Mythoughts wrote:I wonder if there is any parent here putting your child at junior champs kovan. I am thinking of putting my child at this centre, but I have not so good impression about the school after the centre visit.
1)they dun allow parents to visit on weekdays..can only come down on weekends. This is the kinda weird to me, other childcare centre will actually ask me to go dwn on weekday lesson hours, so that the parents can really see how the kids doing in school.
2) the appointment on sat is not with the principal . A teacher was told to entertain me..
3)I have no complain about the school compound ..I am OK with the environment. But when I asked if there is any portal for parents to see the kids photos, she told me she is not sure about it. When I asked more about the pre nursery programme, she said she is teaching k1, so she is not very sure about the programme. When I asked about the k1&k2 then she ask me why do I need to ask so much about k1n k2, my kid is only in pre nursery class. I was rather piss off with her reply. Basically she can't really answer my questions , and make me feel like I am too demanding to ask all about it.

The reason I want to understand the whole school programme is because I hope not to change her school once I enroll her in. Shouldn't i have the right to ask?

I am kind of disappointed after the visit , the location is really convenient for me to send my kid there. But the teacher make me feel not comfortable to send my kid.

Any junior champs parent can share your experiences?
Thanks!

1) Did they state any reason for coming down on a weekend?
2) Is she a senior teacher ? What level is she teaching ? I think even as a administration staff, they should be quite happy to share with your their curriculum, unless they are so full that they can't be bothered, but since they allow a weekend visit means that they still have some vacancies.
3) For photos, nowadays there is the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 but I believe if the centre is professional enough, they will seek consent from the parents for the photos to be displayed - in any form of medium.
Did you also explain your reason for asking K1 and K2 after her reply ?

Perhaps you could give the centre another chance by calling to speak to the principal to understand more about the school, or if any parent who has kids in Junior champs could respond to you here, else you might wish to consider other schools.

Do also check out the thread on Criteria for a Good Childcare centre -
https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... f=3&t=1302, it offers some good insight.

What I can say is, sometimes, mother instinct do work.

Mythoughts
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mythoughts » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:16 am

Hi marmalade,
1. The teacher told me weekdays the teachers are all busy with the kids, difficult for them to entertain me with the kids around. I said the principal can explain to me, then she changed her words and said the centre dun want the visitors to interrupt the lessons, kids will get distracted. -.- ( The cc seems not very opened to let parents see how the lessons are being conducted.)
2. She is K1 English teacher.
3. I did tell her the reason I want to know. Then she told me my kid is only in pre nursery, the curriculum could be changed. ( not in a good tone)

Thank you for your advice. =)
I think I will not put my kid there.