Agape Little Uni at Midview City

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Agape Little Uni at Midview City

Postby Rea » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi
I need feedback on this CC. Enrolled my daughter with them and she fell very sick within 4 days. I expected her to fall sick but not so soon. I didn't see the teachers checking the children's temp. Teachers look really young too. Hope someone can give me good advice; suggessions for a better CC or kindergarten around this area(Sin Ming Ave). Thank you

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Agape Little Uni at Midview City

Postby mummytojay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

Hi,my son is in Cherie hearts at midview city.maybe u want to take a look?I find that the teachers are nice n the principal is very hands on too.they focus very much on cleanliness.always emphasizing on washing hands.they haf their indoor play area like agape too. :)

mummytojay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dramalover » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:01 am

Oh dear, hope your gal recover soon. My boy is also in Agape @ Midview. I can understand how you feel. My boy was also sick initially but he is ok after a while and now settle in well. Maybe you would like to have a word with the principal to see if she can help? She is quite friendly and has been giving me tips to help to settle in my boy.

dramalover
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Rea » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you for your replies. I am tempted to check out Cherie Hearts. Are the teachers there very young? Cos' I noticed majority of the teachers at Agape are very young, below 20 I think. Agape's principal is a nice helpful lady, but its the inexperienced teachers I'm concerned of. They should have a more experienced teacher and a younger one assisting. After all experience counts when it comes to handling kids.

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Rea » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 pm

dramalover, did u sit in the class when ur boy started? Cos I didn't and regret now.
Perhaps I should have gone in for a couple of days just to get her secured and make friends.

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mummytojay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:52 am

Hi rea, may I know ur daughter's age?basically I think there is a mixture for pg1 and for pg2,the teachers look the experience type.not so sure about bigger age grp.the principal n her sil both are nice ladies.but 1 thg u may want to take note.

Enrichment programs are not included in course fees.so if u are want to let ur girl join,u will haf to pay extra.but they dun hardsell.other than that,I'm basically very happy with them. :)

mummytojay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby babysan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:00 am

Hi Rea: My child is in agape @ Midview..of cause she fell sick within a few days. When I went in the teachers did check their temperatures and did a visual check. The teachers in the centre are very nice people. All centres have their pros and cons. I didn't have a pleasant experience with all the cherie heart centres that I went too. Even the one in Midview City, I saw that the centre was open around 6.30 am and I was impressed. I went to see the place there were no tchrs only aunty cleaner. Then I went again at 7.15 and still there weren't any teachers. The kids were in ready. Only the principal and aunty were there. Curriculum I think Agape stands out better and stronger compared to cherie hearts. As parents we have to sit and think what we want instead changing the enironment very frequently for the children.

babysan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Rea » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 am

mummytojay, my gal is 2yrs 9mths. Perhaps I'll pop into Cherie Hearts to have a look and chat with the principal. I think I'll give her a month with Agape. But really hope she'll settle in well. I wouldn't want to go through the same process all over again... However, I do intend to send her to Marymount Kindergarten when shes 4 years old. They seem to be the best around this area. Been reading only good reviews on Marymount Kindergarten.

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Rea » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:51 am

Hi babysan, its true what you say abt what we want for our kids. Personally, I'm not too concerned abt the curriculum at this stage. I want her to enjoy school and for me to be able to trust the people I'm leaving her with. Thats why I'm concerned about the teachers' experience. Yes, everyplace does has its pros and cons indeed...

Rea
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby babysan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Rea
It doesn't mean teachers who are experienced and matured can look after the children properly. Its basically the person themselves.Maybe you can have a talk with the p as she has ideas on how to handle n can explain to you about the teachers.

babysan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care