Seeking preschool for 2.5 year olds

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Seeking preschool for 2.5 year olds

Postby singaporemom » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 am

Hello, we are planning on moving to Singapore in about a month and are wondering if any of you can give me some basic information about preschools for 2.5 year olds. How difficult is it to get in mid-year? What are the tuitions like at various schools? We're looking for a full-day daycare/preschool. What are the hours at various preschools like? I noticed that at least one child care center noted on its Web site that it has Saturday hours as well. Is this typical? Can someone walk a newbie from the U.S. through the process of finding a great preschool? Thank you!

singaporemom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Seeking preschool for 2.5 year olds

Postby donna » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:28 pm

which area do you stay? :smile:

donna
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Seeking preschool for 2.5 year olds

Postby cherrygal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Most childcare centres in S'pore open from 7am - 7pm Mon - Fri, and 9am - 1pm Sat (usually no kids around but meant for centre cleaning). I wouldn't say it's too difficult to get a place at 2.5yrs if you are not fussy.

Childcare centres are broken into several tiers. You have the upper tier which may include some big name Montessori centres or premium schools that charge more than S$1000 per month, the mid-tier which includes private schoolhouses at housing estates which typically charge between S$500 - $700, and the less expensive ones opened by the government known as PCF. NTUC has also opened a chain of affordable daycare centres called My First Skool.

You can visit this website for more details. www.childcarelink.gov.sg

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care