Nannies

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Nannies

Postby singaporemom » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:32 am

Any advice about how to find a nanny and how much the rates are?

singaporemom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Nannies

Postby cherrygal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi again
I have personally used one but I didn't like mine. If your kid is >18mths, a childcare centre would be more conducive. Most nannies in Singapore are not highly educated and would not be able to teach your kid well.

If you still want a nanny, just advertise for one in any of the motherhood forums or drop flyers (written in English and Chinese) in the housing estates around where you live.Typical charges range from S$550-700 per month, depending on your requirements.

Be warned that your kid will end up watching TV most of the time.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I never had that problem with my nanny. Maybe I was lucky that I found SAHM to be nanny for my kids. My kids learn from the kor kor and jie jie (her kids), and I only enrolled my kids in childcare at about 24 months. Even then, they went to nanny's place for bath and dinner after childcare, and we picked them after work anytime 7-9pm.

In fact, my nanny looks after my kids when they are sick and cannot attend childcare. This saves me the trouble of taking emergency leave and having to reschedule meetings etc.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunnydays2 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Pen88n wrote:I never had that problem with my nanny. Maybe I was lucky that I found SAHM to be nanny for my kids. My kids learn from the kor kor and jie jie (her kids), and I only enrolled my kids in childcare at about 24 months. Even then, they went to nanny's place for bath and dinner after childcare, and we picked them after work anytime 7-9pm.

In fact, my nanny looks after my kids when they are sick and cannot attend childcare. This saves me the trouble of taking emergency leave and having to reschedule meetings etc.

How much does your nanny charge?

sunnydays2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care