Learning Vision Fee increase

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Learning Vision Fee increase

Postby Strict Daddy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi All Mummies and Daddies,

The last increase of S$100 per month for full day childcare was in May 2011 and in less than a year, with effect from 1st April 2012 there will be another round of S$100 per month increase for full day childcare at Learning Vision.

Personally I don't think the increase is well justifiable within such a period of short time and at the rate of S$100 per month.

After this round of increment I will be paying S$966.50 per month (non working mother).

I welcome the following discussions:
1. Do you think this is a fair amount to be charge by Learning Vision?
2. For similar standard, what other childcare is charging?

I stay in Jalan Tiong area (near Redhill MRT), can anyone advise me what other choices do I have?

Cheers
Strict Daddy

Strict Daddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Learning Vision Fee increase

Postby soursop » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm

I paid more than that when DD1 was in LV for the last 2 years. Actually some of their other outlets are charging even higher. The newer ones are more than 1K. Yup fees are totally over the roof....that's why DD2 isn't going to LV. Have deceide to put her to a mediocre one. Also didn't find anything spectacular about LV programmes. They didn't cover multiplication or division in K2 while some other mediocre ones do cover them. So...do some homework and go scouting around your area for another CC.

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby LuckyDaddy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:53 pm

just because the won some awards doesnt mean that they can keep increasing school fees so frequently

LuckyDaddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby iLoveChubby » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 pm

soursop wrote:I paid more than that when DD1 was in LV for the last 2 years. Actually some of their other outlets are charging even higher. The newer ones are more than 1K. Yup fees are totally over the roof....that's why DD2 isn't going to LV. Have deceide to put her to a mediocre one. Also didn't find anything spectacular about LV programmes. They didn't cover multiplication or division in K2 while some other mediocre ones do cover them. So...do some homework and go scouting around your area for another CC.

I echoed soursop's thoughts.
My DS1 was with LV and the main reason I let him stay on was because he had a dedicated teacher who gives me constant feedback on his development thr' out the yrs and that made me pretty "hands-off" of what is exactly happening.

Hoping that my DS2 can experience what my DS1 had gone thr', I just conveniently enrolled him in the same LV. Unfortunately things dont work out too well (other reasons as well). And I withdrew him and enrolled in a nearby CC, which is so much cheaper and so far he is doing very well and I am v satisfied with his current teachers.

It was when I started to look deeper into curriculums offered at other (cheaper) CCs, realised that there isnt much difference btw LV and them so why do I need to pay so much higher?....
So i rather do the route of : Affordable Childcare + lots of good Enrichment classes ==> Result : still cheaper than LV. :boogie:

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby soursop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 am

So i rather do the route of : Affordable Childcare + lots of good Enrichment classes ==> Result : still cheaper than LV.

Hear! Hear! Me doing the same thing!!! :imcool:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Strict Daddy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions, I now need to be more on the ball to look for another CC.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers

Strict Daddy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cheepoozz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi, any idea if the increase in across all LV ?
at present , i hv not heard this .. kiddo is with LV @ NCS.

Cheepoozz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JazN » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Raffles place also increase. Should be across since letter is from the head office. Fees seem to be like pat's schoolhouse in orchard wonder if they also will increase fee?

My dd just started so see how it goes

JazN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fatBobo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

my girls at LV @ IBP, we received the fee increase letter too. they had recently (last qtr 2011 i tink) adjusted my #2's fee, and now increase another $100.

i'm also looking at withdrawing them and change to another CCC.

to be fair, we're also looking for a CCC nearer to town (prolly along pasir panjang / telok blangah) cos it can be quite a mad rush for me, esp in the evng, to pick the girls if my hb is outstation.

anyone heard of learning seeds? tia~

fatBobo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jem18 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi

My boy is in nursery class, LV@Biopolis, also received the mgt letter last mth that they raising $100.
anyone has any other recommendations for gd childcare ard buona vista or clementi area?

Thanks.

Jem18
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care