Infant care availability for dragon babies 2012

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Infant care availability for dragon babies 2012

Postby ConcernedDaddy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Just had my second baby boy. Based on our observation and what the nurses are telling us, the hospital have been running at max capacity since Chinese new year. We were even chased out by one nurse on our last day in the hospital as there were people waiting in the labour wards for beds!

How far ahead do you book your infant care slot? I intend to send him about 5 months down the road, but don't mind to enrol him 1-2 months earlier just to secure a slot.

ConcernedDaddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Infant care availability for dragon babies 2012

Postby Raysan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi!! Congrats. I think u got to be kia su more... last time my bb are fall in Tiger year but I did the reserved of infant care seat during pregnancy of 6mths. The centre only left 1 seat & I got to take half day leave went down to office paid the deposit due evening day will got another mummy visit the centre. I hv to make chop the seat 1st.

Raysan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ConcernedDaddy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks. Being a tiring 2 months!

I have signed baby for infant program at cherie hearts nurtureloft, at midview city. After checking out a number of centres in the bishan and Thomson area, this is the infant place we like most. The infantcare area is large enough with separate play sections, and very clean. they had only a couple of slots left for 2012, so we are kiasu and enrolling first. As my wife is still on maternity, we will bring drop baby off for a couple of days each week for the next two months.

ConcernedDaddy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Many of my friends registered while they were pregnant and some still had to wait till baby was 6mths old before getting a slot.

Do start your research early and book early. :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby watermum » Wed May 09, 2012 9:16 am

I placed my deposit when i was 3 months pregnant.. It all must boil down to whether the infant care you are interested in is popular and with limited vacancy.. But i wouldn't want to take the risk as it is dragon year..

watermum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care