Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Postby sassyfire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi there,

Any mommy send your kid to nursery in Zion Kindergarten Serangoon?
(Not bishan)

I spoke to the principal, heard they include Sportsball Programme this year and she is very opened about her curriculum.

Any feedback?

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Zion Kindergarten Serangoon

Postby Enbin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:09 am

Is it the one near serangoon garden? It all depend on ur preference.. Its a church sch rite?

Enbin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sassyfire » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:57 am

yup that's the one near serangoon garden at tavistock...u been there before?

The principal looks fairly young and seems very nice. it is a church kindy as we prefer a church kindy since we are also christians.

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sassyfire » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 pm

can't seem to find much about this kindergarten.
The principal is kind enough to let me in her chinese class and music and movement today with my boy to experience for myself.
The chinese teacher is alot more animated, sing songs and energetic with arts and craft compared to LSk, sit down for the whole 25mins, with a small mobile white board.

The white board at Zion is huge. And because afternoon class is small and also principal refused to take in large number of students, the ratio is much smaller than LSK.

My boy actually smiled during the chinese class today! He said it's more fun.

I am kinda torn now.

LSK - huge facilities. studio room for music and movement (tho I just saw them watching video on projector all sitting down once). white board is tiny. Teacher to ratio is stretched to the max. Chinese teacher lessons are too short and honestly...very boring. they have a large hall for assembly. going to toilet is like waiting for eternity....cos imagine waiting for 20-24 students to finish....etc. Principal is nice. Teachers are nice but my hubby feel they lack energy maybe cos they are so stretched u know. Not much outdoor stuff. For nursery and pre nursery, not individual rooms so can be really noisy.

Zion Serangoon - space not as huge but large clear whiteboard. Student ratio is small. They have PE and Sportball every week. It's sheltered so rain or shine sure have. Classrooms are individual though of course the whole place has been around since 1956 facilities are not so huge and great as LSK. Toilets are nice...girls and boys separated unlike LSK. The chinese teacher is more fun and animated. The music movement class kids get to take turn to try instruments and sing. Fees are cheaper. I find the outdoor acitivities interesting. They don't do readers books but will have a scrap book for kids to paste their work in there for eng and chinese.

kids from LSK i can see during class more well-behaved and if not sitting still for a few times, they get sent to quiet square to stand or sit. Kids from Zion are more active but teachers will encourage them to sit. I think partly cos I am around today.

Ahhh...dunno...no one with experience in Zion?

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby icemochi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:28 pm

zion's teachers are v kind. ur kid will be in good hands there. And they bring the kids over to the elderly home besides them during festive celebrations so the kids can bring some joy to the elderly.

what kind of info u need on zion?

icemochi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sassyfire » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi Icemochi

thanks for your reply sorry just saw it.

Actually my boy has started there for about a month already. And he loves it!

I mean seriously 360 degrees change from his previous kindy! No longer looking so forlorn, sad and rather not willing to go out from home at all to head to school. He is so willing to come here....no protest everyday, no crying after I eased him in....he even waves me hi and bye if he does see me sitting around doing my work outside. I am so relieved.

Yes, I agree the teachers are very kind but also so energetic and fun! I mean I actually see him smiling and listening to the teachers in class...vast difference from the 1st school.

Well, I was so reluctant to let go because the 1st school i enrolled him is so famous and I was in wait list for awhile and we got called up so fast. Hence, I just couldn't let go. But I was reminded of how miserable I was in my very famous sec school lolz...and how my mom refused to let me out of there....I had to tell myself don't do the same to him.

I am glad God teach me something here:)

I am not sure how is the curriculum here, I do know of some LSK teacher whom came over here to teach...she has abit of culture shock I think but she looks cool :) I did write in feedback and stuff.

Now am trying to look for carpool ....from sengkang to there ...wah very hard to find.

I wanted to talk to this mummy whom I know lives in Fernvale but feel so paiseh...so everytime I see her, I kinda not sure how to broach it.( I heard offering $100 a month is reasonable)

sassyfire
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fatmama75 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi sassyfire,

Are you staying in Fernvale? I am moving to Fernvale soon and I'm looking aroun for a church kindy for my 2008 girl.

I haven't call Zion Kindy yet but will do so tomorrow. My husband will send my girl to school every morn. We can discuss abt car pool. Abt the return leg, is your boy on school bus now?

fatmama75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sembgal » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm

I know of children who were transferred out of Zion Kindergarten. Only the school staff and the children's parents will know the real reasons what happened during those years that some students' parents transferred out their children to nearby preschools in that area. Now those children should be in P2 or P1 already. Maybe now situation has improved.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care