Zion Bishan Kindergarten

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Zion Bishan Kindergarten

Postby bebe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 am

Any comment on this kindy? Currently the church is undergoing reno and the sch is operating under the HDB void deck till Dec 2013. I am thinking of enrolling my son for N1 next year. Anyone know the sch bus fee range? I am staying at Bishan North area.

bebe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Zion Bishan Kindergarten

Postby Katechow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

Hi, I'm also considering about this zion kindergarten or PCF 197. any feedback pls

Katechow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby clonob » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:36 am

Hi, I have registered my kid at Zion Bishan for next year N1 afternoon session. Is there anyone registered for N1 morning session that would like to exchange slot with me? If yes, please pm me. Thanks a lot :)

clonob
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby the-third-son » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Bebe: I put both my kids in ZBK. One has gone on to P1 this year, while the other 1 is currently in N1 at ZBK this year. I'm also staying at Bishan North currently and the bus fee I pay is about $90 to $100. If you need the bus driver's contact, let me know and I'll PM you.

On the overall, I find ZBK to be a pretty decent Kindy for kids. They have a bunch of passionate, caring and dedicated teachers, some of whom have been around for a long time. The Christian background of the kindergarten also ensures that good values are taught to the child. One of the other value-adds is that they have some in-school 3rd party enrichment classes; albeit the range has somewhat reduced now that they have moved to the temporary premises.

Previously they had classes like English and Chinese Speech and Drama, Science, Art enrichment etc. The good thing about these on-site tie-up enrichment classes is that you can utilise your CDA to pay for them. The school also holds meetings every half year to give a report on the progress of the child and will always contact parents at any time if there are any concerns.

It's a good thing that the petition to use the temporary space last year by both parents, staff and the church elders was positive, or else the kindy would have had to close.

the-third-son
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby clonob » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi The-third-son, may I know what kind of enrichment/non academic activities do they have for N1 classes?

clonob
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby the-third-son » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 am

clonob wrote:Hi The-third-son, may I know what kind of enrichment/non academic activities do they have for N1 classes?

Currently there are 3 types of enrichment. If I remember correctly, one is a KinderArt enrichment, the second is a Science enrichment and the third one, which my son is in, is the Junior Engineers enrichment, which is more of a hands-on introduction to some basic aspects technology and construction processes. I believe the school is still trying to tie up with more partners for enrichment. Only limitation now due to the temporary premises is the space.

the-third-son
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Katechow » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:03 am

HI...my son will be in K1 next year. currently he is in N2 with bright start montessori. may i know how much is the enrichment courses in Zion Bishan? i hope next year they will have speech and drama enrichment class.

the-third-son wrote:
clonob wrote:Hi The-third-son, may I know what kind of enrichment/non academic activities do they have for N1 classes?

Currently there are 3 types of enrichment. If I remember correctly, one is a KinderArt enrichment, the second is a Science enrichment and the third one, which my son is in, is the Junior Engineers enrichment, which is more of a hands-on introduction to some basic aspects technology and construction processes. I believe the school is still trying to tie up with more partners for enrichment. Only limitation now due to the temporary premises is the space.
Last edited by Katechow on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katechow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby clonob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 am

the-third-son wrote:

All 3 enrichments available for N1 already? all by external vendors? That's a lot more than my expectation as other kindy do not have much enrichment at N1 level :) May I know what they do in KinderArt and Science enrichments?

clonob
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lovexuan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:58 am

Hi! I'm Keen to hear more reviews on this school. How is the food served and hygiene level etc? I thought of switching my N1 boy over from another school.. Zion fee is so much more affordable! So I am just wondering what's the difference too.. TIA!

lovexuan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Elgarmummy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:58 am

lovexuan wrote:Hi! I'm Keen to hear more reviews on this school. How is the food served and hygiene level etc? I thought of switching my N1 boy over from another school.. Zion fee is so much more affordable! So I am just wondering what's the difference too.. TIA!

No food is served at the kindy. I think hygiene should be ok. You will need to bring in your own food for break time. They will increase the fees to $400 + per month (I think), but I think that includes enrichment activities such as gym and drama.

Elgarmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care