Blossom Educare in Hougang getting worst

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Blossom Educare in Hougang getting worst

Postby Cool Babe » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:47 pm

My kids are with Blossom Educare. They just been closed for 2 weeks due to huge numbers of kids getting HFMD. They have huge pecentage of HFMD yearly. My 2 kids got it 2 times in a roll in 2011.
I have been with the schools for 4 years from my elder girl to my second son.
Seriously think that the school standard getting worst compare to 2 years back. But fees increase yearly.

I will not advise kids ard the area to enrol.

Cool Babe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Blossom Educare in Hougang getting worst

Postby jcheong » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 am

Really? I just enrolled my boy n he's due to start toddler class in may or jun. u mean such just closed for 2 wks? But how is the teachers and lessons there so far?

jcheong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cool Babe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 am

Really? I just enrolled my boy n he's due to start toddler class in may or jun. u mean such just closed for 2 wks? But how is the teachers and lessons there so far?[/quote]

They have closed this year 2012 in Jan end due to HFMD. you may track the records from Ministry of Health or MOE for information.
They have high records of HFMD yearly. my kids got 2 to 3x infected from schools last year 2011.

As for the teachers. Use to be quite good 2 years back coz most teachers r local. But now they have employ quite a number of PRC (China) & teachers from philippines.

And their learning programme plan never renew. I have high-light to them on this part, However, their answer to be is "they have been using those learning book for many years". no issue on that.
However, our kids are getting smarter & Primary schools subjects are getting difficult. If Blossom educare don't keep up & relook into their learning plan for the kids, they will lose out from their child cares.

Due to these, I have furthervsent my kids to "I can read" enrichment courses, and so glad that I have make this decision but its a extra spending for me.

I personally feel that they run these school like business but not into Kids growing & learning interests.

I have intro my friend in the last time, and she had the same thought as me. I won't reccomend this school to anyone else.

All the Best. :)

Cool Babe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cool Babe » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Now the school is having another rounds of continuation of HFMD... they mention had disinfecting the school. But its never helps. Every month do have such problems. Really terrible.

Cool Babe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jcheong » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 pm

U mean shut down again? I email the principal n she said only the 2 weeks in jan this yr has shut down.

jcheong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cool Babe » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:51 pm

No, it didn't shut down. but since last week there's 2 kids infected HFMD. In fact every month they will have HFMD cases. In my office, it seems like my kid's school r always having this issue. My other Mother colleagues childcare r not as active as mine.
Now i'm juz closing one eye, my second kid is going to graduate this year end..

Cool Babe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cool Babe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Oh Dear.. within 5 day, 5 cases of HFMD from Blossom hg.
a few from my kid class. Hope its will be under control or another closure this month since Jan.
Hope My boy wont catch this virus again... . last year caught 2X HFMD.
Pray hard this year.. he will be fine.

Quoted record from school:
Below is the updated HFMD situation as of 16 Apr 2012 (Mon).

Date of first onset:

12 Apr 2012 (Thu)

Total number of confirmed cases:
(based on date of first onset)

Total number of suspected cases:
(based on date of first onset)

Number of days from first onset:
(Transmission Period)

Cool Babe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care