Bathing in childcare

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Bathing in childcare

Postby mummynbb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 am

Hi,

My girl is starting halfday childcare (playgroup) soon and i would like to hear from parents who sends their child to half day childcare.

The principal told me that my girl has to stay in the toilet with her other classmates during bath times as both teachers will be bathing the kids and no one to look after her if she stays in classroom. Do all childcares operate this way? I saw 8 children naked n waiting for their turn to shower. Pls advise, TIA!

mummynbb
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bathing in childcare

Postby littlehelper » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Not all child care centers operate this way. They should have at least one teacher to be outside to receive the children once they are done with the shower.
But yes most centers get all the kids to strip first and sit in the toilet and wait till its their turn but once they are done they will return to the classroom/outside to keep their things/play toys.

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mummynbb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks littlehelper.
My concern is tat my girl will be running around in the wet bathroom since she has nothing to do while waitg for the classmates to bath. There should be better arrangement.

mummynbb
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby littlehelper » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

They should have chairs for them to sit.
The teachers will make them sit and they will learn. ( which i think its not very practical but the kids do learn )
Depending on the class size also. If there are a lot of them they wont get all of them to change out all at oneshot. They should have a teacher to help take the kids clothes off when its near their yurn.
If the class is small they will prolly just get all to go at one time

littlehelper
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby rainbowzstarz » Wed May 02, 2012 2:43 pm

mummynbb wrote:Hi,

My girl is starting halfday childcare (playgroup) soon and i would like to hear from parents who sends their child to half day childcare.

The principal told me that my girl has to stay in the toilet with her other classmates during bath times as both teachers will be bathing the kids and no one to look after her if she stays in classroom. Do all childcares operate this way? I saw 8 children naked n waiting for their turn to shower. Pls advise, TIA!

no! they should have a helper aunty if they cant cope. usually the cleaning aunties will help out.
kids should not be left this way, they may catch a cold too.
probably you can even check with mcys on this.
anyway only 1 teacher/helper will be bathing mah, 1 to dressed up clean up, another one outside handle those that are done.

rainbowzstarz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care