Need feedback on Foochow Methodist Church Kindergarten

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Need feedback on Foochow Methodist Church Kindergarten

Postby Kelvin Pang 1985 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am living at little india area, the most promising kindergarten i can find around my area is "Foochow Methodist Church Kindergarten". I being searching for feedback in this forum but unable to get a proper review. Please advise me, all the kind parents out there ^-^.

Kelvin Pang 1985
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Need feedback on Foochow Methodist Church Kindergarten

Postby hquek » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Pls check your pm

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby keas » Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

Hi

I am thinking of sending my kid to this kindergarten too. Please share any feedback that you have. Thanks!

keas
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby caterpillar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:29 pm

The current principal,M.T doesnt appears to be kind. She Has a reputation for labeling slow learners. There has been high turnover staff in this sch under her mgt In recent years. The kind, nice, loving teachers has practically all left! There are also extreme negative feedbacks with how the kids and parents are treated. Some parents are appears to be bullied by her. If she is replace, maybe you can consider this school for your child. If not, do reconsider.

caterpillar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hquek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Actually a parent just shared with me that she is very positive about the current P. Apparently, there was one very disruptive kid in the class. the P (who was holding the fort while they were finding replacement teacher) somehow managed to work with him such that he became more attentive and less disruptive.

Another story was her own kid. During PTM, apparently the P (same class as that disruptive kid) was able to tell the parent that her child actually write a certain letter in a funny way and how she managed to guide the child so that the correct way is done.

Just want to balance it out - there are some pp who may not like, but there are others who like the school.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby caterpillar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:38 pm

oh yes, she has been holding the fort for years. As i have mention, the turnover of teachers are extremely high. Even her treatmen towards her staff are unkind. Many gd teachers have left. I believe that the turnover of staff will continue to be high in the next few years. Who wants to work with a unkind superior? Principal M.T. is known for unkindness in the neighborhood. But i do agree that she is proficient in marketing and advertising herself. There are many parents who suffered, have sleepless nights due to her lack of professionalism. It is a matter of time that these parents will make known to the church what she has done. Because these figures are rising fast. Above are only my friends and mine experiences we had from her. Maybe others have 'gd' experiences with her which is unknown in this community.
Last edited by caterpillar on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

caterpillar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hquek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 pm

She was holding the fort for my kid class for about a year. I was amazed that he enjoyed having her in class. Anyway everyone have their own experience.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby colourmerainbow » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:32 am

Hi Parents,

Any recent feedback on this kindy? TIA! =)

colourmerainbow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hquek » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:05 am

colourmerainbow wrote:Hi Parents,

Any recent feedback on this kindy? TIA! =)

I have stayed away from this kindy since my kids 'graduated' so unsure. If it's the same Principal....will there be difference?

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care