MRC Learning Centre - Katong

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

MRC Learning Centre - Katong

Postby rainy5 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi

Any toddlers here attending lessons at the above? In particular the nursery class. Could you share your views and experience? Would you recommend this school? Thanks thanks..

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mummyloves » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 am

I went to the school to take a look. didn't like it... space is so small and dark and doesn't look fun at all for the kids! You have seen the pl yet?

mummyloves
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby foreverj » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:49 pm

believe it or not, i know a mum who stays in punggol and travels all the way to katong everyday by public transport to bring her dd to this school. she hangs around there for abt 3 hrs until dd finishes school and travels back home. i was like :!: ??? best thing is, she has another fren who also stays near her also doing the same thing plus have to lug her younger one along :!: :!:

her comments are the teachers r very good, teach very well and most students there have parents who r either doctors or lawyers ie. if parents who are so smart choose to put their kids there, the school must be very good right??? :| she did say its a very academic-focused programme. most of the time locked inside the classroom n focus on lesson. not much outdoor kind of activity. so not suitable for those kids who r kinesthetic learners and hence cannot sit still type.

note that everything i know abt this school comes from this mum that i know. so parents whose kids actually attend this school pls feel free to share :)

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby rainy5 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:58 pm

hi, i have not been to the school myself, my friend's twin sons are attending their n1 since beginning of this year, they will stay back for enrichment class daily. barely 6 months both boys are able to write all the alphabets (in small and cap), read simple short story (they are able to recognise the words), do simple maths addition, can read and write 100 words, recite the 3 little pigs story. both boys also attend weekly right brain training class. according to her, right brain training class helps with the memoray, they can focus and absorb faster. however, the fees are not cheap, she paid about $1,400 for each boy, this is excluding the school bus fees.

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby foreverj » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:39 pm

wow, that's impressive! when u said the boys also attend right brain training on weekends, are the lessons in a different school or conducted by MRC too? looks like the mum i know had good reason to do so much travelling everyday :D

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby rainy5 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:08 am

it's at igenius. yup, i also find it impressive, her money is well spent :D. she stresses that strong/good early foundation is important for the kids, else will have to spend even more money and time for extra tuition when they enter P1. the class size is also small at about 8 kids in a class, she told me the teachers there are very dedicated and loving.

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby foreverj » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 pm

hi class size of 8 is quite big compared to shichida and the other competitors right? anyway, i think the right brain classes may be the crucial factor. i find such classes help the young child to have good fine motor skills earlier than other kids. thats y they can learn to write so quickly.

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: MRC Learning Centre - Katong

Postby sleepy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

rainy5 wrote:Hi

Any toddlers here attending lessons at the above? In particular the nursery class. Could you share your views and experience? Would you recommend this school? Thanks thanks..

My friend's boy used to attend daily nursery class at another MRC center. I think she wasn't too impressed because she withdrew him after a few months leh

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby foreverj » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm

anyway, if MRC is teaching addition at n1 level and they can do it successfully, i'm very impressed becos most schools are stil playing games and teaching quantity concepts at this age as most kids r unlikely able to handle addition. i wonder how they do it???

hi sleepy, its like a franchise and not controlled by single mgt. so cannot judge based on another branch's experience. so far, it seems parents who send their kids to MRC katong are happy with their childrens' superb progress.

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby rainy5 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

hi, i hope i get the student no. correct, think it is between 6 to 8 (will ask my friend again). different centre under different mgt, the katong one has very good feedback from most parents, heard the pasir ris one not as good. i am interested but simply can't afford the fees lah :D

rainy5
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care