Suitable age for toddlers to take sch bus to childcare?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Suitable age for toddlers to take sch bus to childcare?

Postby coz_hui » Mon May 28, 2012 10:11 am

Hi,

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this topic.
But just want to check with those mummies whose kids have been taking sch bus to kindergarten/ childcare. When is the appropriate age to let toddlers take sch bus. Is it safe? I am worry that my child is too active and the aunty may not be able to supervisor all children in the bus.

Thanks!

coz_hui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Suitable age for toddlers to take sch bus to childcare?

Postby iLoveChubby » Mon May 28, 2012 10:19 am

Hi coz_hui
My DS started taking sch van ard 3+ (N2) - as he likes to watch cars, he usually sits q still in the van. All vans are supposed to be equipped with seat belts now so the kids are not supp to stand up.
However it also depends how "good" the sch van auntie assistant is as some aunties simply "bochap" abt the kids' safety.
Of course not forgetting the driver, he/she has to drive safely and steadily - you may wish to sit together with your kid to school during the 1st few days to judge for yourself.

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby coz_hui » Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 pm

My child going 24 months. I was thinking of letting her try out the sch bus service for playgroup (this year). If it goes well, then I can let her continue the n1 class next year. if doesn't turn out well, then at least this year I still have time to change sch for her n1 next year..most of the n1 reg already starts, if change next year, worry no sch for her to study. Hope I am not worrying too much..

Any mummies whose kids took sch bus for their n1 class or as early as 24 months?? Thanks ilovechubby !

coz_hui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby meiah » Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Mine went on the school bus in N1. Abt 34 months then. Most of the time, ended up sleeping in the bus auntie's arms!!

meiah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby coz_hui » Wed May 30, 2012 9:09 am

meiah wrote:Mine went on the school bus in N1. Abt 34 months then. Most of the time, ended up sleeping in the bus auntie's arms!!

Ur bus aunty very good, still help to carry ur child throughout the journey.
Thanks ya =).

coz_hui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Shin Yan » Wed May 30, 2012 9:57 am

Hi coz_hui,

My child start taking the sch bus (one way home) at N1, around 31 months old. The sch bus auntie is one of the tcrs in sch - they took turns to go onto the sch bus as assistants - someone that the kids are familiar with.

In addition, they have seat belts to secure every child to their seat. I saw a lot of young kids, younger than mine at even before 24 months old on the bus. They are all fine, seated properly in their seat.

So perhaps u can try out first, u never try, u never know how they actually behave in sch bus - they can be angels too!

Shin Yan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby coz_hui » Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Shin Yan wrote:Hi coz_hui,

My child start taking the sch bus (one way home) at N1, around 31 months old. The sch bus auntie is one of the tcrs in sch - they took turns to go onto the sch bus as assistants - someone that the kids are familiar with.

In addition, they have seat belts to secure every child to their seat. I saw a lot of young kids, younger than mine at even before 24 months old on the bus. They are all fine, seated properly in their seat.

So perhaps u can try out first, u never try, u never know how they actually behave in sch bus - they can be angels too!

Hi Shin Yan,

One way tpt --> good idea. I may try out one way tpt first, then once my child gets familiar, I will let her take two way tpt! Luckily got u guys to reply me, at least I am able to make up my mind soon.

Thanks=)

coz_hui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby North_Mummy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:34 pm

My boy start taking school bus at 30mths....

North_Mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rosnyus » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 am

What about 19mths? too young?

rosnyus
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care