No refund of fees for withdrawal from Kindy?

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

No refund of fees for withdrawal from Kindy?

Postby dozalot » Thu May 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Not sure where to post this, I hope it's thread appropriate here.

My son is studying K1 in a regular kindy and so now is the school hols. We paid for next term's fees before school closed.

I have been a sahm since I was pregnant with him and out of a sudden, I decided to go back to work and almost immediately got a job offer through my contact. I have to start work in July and since there's no one else that could care for my son, I will have to put him in a full day childcare.

I contacted the school and they said they do not issue refunds. I said I thought I was suppose to give just 1 month notice and they said that's for the $100 deposit I placed. So now, even though the term hasn't yet commenced, they won't even refund me on the full term fees I had paid.

Is this the normal policy for all schools? So I just donated $1400 to the school for nothing? Doesn't sound reasonable to me at all.

Please help.

dozalot
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: No refund of fees for withdrawal from Kindy?

Postby Dawnie » Thu May 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Forfeit 1 month of school fees is reasonable, but not 1 term.

Dawnie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby smurf » Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm

There is no refunds of fees even if u haven't start the term. Or even if u attended few days. This should be stated clearly in the application form.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Indeed, any refund or non-refund would have been stated in the application form or letters which parents would have to acknowledge. Check out the forms again.

One kindy which I was considering to enrol my child into did state that there would be no refund for the term fee paid. So this is not new to me.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care