Kentridge tutor / CS Montessori @ Tiong bahru

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Kentridge tutor / CS Montessori @ Tiong bahru

Postby dibo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 am

hi there,

anybody try one of these? :? Kentridge tutor / CS Montessori @ Tiong bahru
can share with me experience or any advices?
Hunting for a phonic class for my 4yrs old son... :D

dibo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Kentridge tutor / CS Montessori @ Tiong bahru

Postby loyhuieng » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:17 pm

dibo wrote:hi there,

anybody try one of these? :? Kentridge tutor / CS Montessori @ Tiong bahru
can share with me experience or any advices?
Hunting for a phonic class for my 4yrs old son... :D

I have enrolled my daughter, who is then in K1, to the Read-In-A-Week programme by Kentridge tutor. She had shown tremendous improvement in her reading after about 3 months. After she had finished the whole syllabus, which takes about 6 months, she can read very well on her own. Now she is in K2 and is able to read story books independently on her own.

I think the correct age to start children with phonics is when they are in K1. I did tried my girl when she is in nursery but I find that it is a waste of money and time as she is not able to sit still at that age.

loyhuieng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dibo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 am

hi loyhuieng,

thks for your feedback. i'm also thinking whether to send him for phonic class this yr or to start next yr when he is in K1.
As i find that he is not so clear in his speech, maybe explose him to phonic class earlier might help him improve.
Have call up Kentrigde tutor, they are able to conduct a assessment but time slots not so gd, all in the afternoon. While CS montessori time slot is better at 9.30am. I prefer early morning class, as both my ds & me are early bird. :wink:
Will check out both this wkend.

dibo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care