What enrichment classes to send 15 mths bb

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

What enrichment classes to send 15 mths bb

Postby lemonkiss » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi, I am SAHM with a 15 mths old boy. anyone can advise what enrichment classes to send my 15 mth old boy? I am thinking of sending him to shichida class but worried that is too early for him to attend. Currently I sing songs and read to him during day time. Thanks a million.

lemonkiss
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: What enrichment classes to send 15 mths bb

Postby Han Seo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm

What you are doing, singing songs and reading to him, is already the "enrichment" that he needs. Continue to talk to him (research shows talkative mothers produce babies with a good range of vocabulary), take him on walks round the neighbourhood, support him whenever he shows an interest in things around him. These are all free-of-charge and the best form of enrichment for your child. It's great for mother-child bonding too!

Don't waste your money on unnecessary classes at this age.

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby osim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Yes, trust yourself! You are better in bringing up your baby than anyone.

Those enrichment for the very young are just a waste of time and money. Babies and toddlers just need YOU to play, read, talk, exercise physically and mentally with them.

Borrow some books from the library to read on child development. Save your money from those enrichment class and buy good unstructured toys and learning materials for your kid instead.

I notice that nowadays a lot of parents are losing confidence in parenting because all these enrichment schools always tell you you are not good enough and to let them do the job for you. Come on, how difficult is it to teach a child up to Pri 3 especially if one is a graduate? How difficult is it to exercise your kid if you have so many parks and playgrounds in Singapore? Do we have to use Gymboree for $15/hr.

You are capable of being the best enrichment teacher for your kid. By doing so will also deeply bond your relationship, eliminate anxiety and most of all truly justify why you stay at home for him.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby supermumto3 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Dont stress your baby

Enjoy your baby....

supermumto3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Pearlyshell » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Make a point to interact with your bb. Given the work commitments of modern mummies, its easier said than done. :imdrowning: :imdrowning:

But once you have established that constant reading, singing, talking schedule, you will realise that your bb will eventually pick up a lot of information through this informal learning methods. Not to mention the close bonds that are developing along the way. :snuggles: :snuggles: Beats any form of "scientifically researched" enrichment.

Pearlyshell
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care