Little Skool House@ Fidelio

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Little Skool House@ Fidelio

Postby shabaka » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi mummies

Ive recently moved to Siglap and am interested to know more about the nearby childcare centres for my dd.

Little Skool House Fidelio is very near my place, do any of you have any experience to share about this cc?

Your comments are much appreciated! TIA! :smile:

shabaka
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Little Skool House@ Fidelio

Postby scramble » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Shabaka mummy, I see that you are new to the forum too. Just like me!

I'm a SAHM living in Siglap. Welcome to Siglap! I thought LSH was sold to Cheriehearts?

scramble
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shabaka » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi scramble!

Thanks for your reply! Was starting to think I'll be pretty lonely here in Siglap! :p
Maybe everyone's away for the long weekend...

Cherie Hearts? Isn't that the chain of childcares? Are they going to buy over all ths LSH then? Do you have any additional info?

By the way how many kids do you have? :)

shabaka
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Pearlyshell » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 pm

I have a girlfren who enrolls her DD there. She told me the centre is bought over by a new operator and the parents were told to either stay with them or look for alternatives. I guess she wasn’t too please on the way the principal delivered the message. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pearlyshell
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shabaka » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Pearlyshell, thanks for the info! Does your fren know who the new operator is? Will the philosophy and curriculum be continued?

shabaka
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby scramble » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Shabaka mummy, I have a 3 year old boy.

Why dun you try exploring other schools around the area??

scramble
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Pearlyshell » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:50 pm

shabaka wrote:Hi Pearlyshell, thanks for the info! Does your fren know who the new operator is? Will the philosophy and curriculum be continued?

Hi Shabaka, I'm not so sure. You may want to call the centre and check with them directly. :smile:

Pearlyshell
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shabaka » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi PS, you are right. I called the school and decided to drop by to check it out. The principal was hush hush about the change. I guess no one is certain whats happening.  But I bumped into a parent on my way out.  He mentioned that the new operator’s name is twinkle tots or something. I tried googling but don’t seem to be able to find anything.  There are a lot of references about this school in jalan saudara ku. 

http://www.twinklekidz.com.sg/wbn/slot/ ... ct-us.html

any mummies who know if this is the new operator? Any comments on them?

shabaka
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shabaka » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 am

Scramble mummy,

My dd is 3 too! :) which month is your boy born in?

shabaka
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Chatwoman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 am

shabaka wrote:Hi PS, you are right. I called the school and decided to drop by to check it out. The principal was hush hush about the change. I guess no one is certain whats happening.  But I bumped into a parent on my way out.  He mentioned that the new operator’s name is twinkle tots or something. I tried googling but don’t seem to be able to find anything.  There are a lot of references about this school in jalan saudara ku. 

http://www.twinklekidz.com.sg/wbn/slot/ ... ct-us.html

any mummies who know if this is the new operator? Any comments on them?

Hi Shabaka, different parents have different needs depending on their circumstances. Since this is a forum for sharing, I’ll share my experience and hopefully you dun find me long-winded...

Twinklekidz used to be a kindergarten in Jalan Saudara Ku. My dd was there last year. It was a very small setup as the school only has 2 small classrooms.

Apparently the operator and the owner of the school are not the same. There were some disagreements between them and the owner suddenly decided to stop the operation. We were not sure what happened but judging from what other mummies mentioned here about LSH, transparency may have been the issue with TK owner.

Anyway, through the constant parent/school communications, we became very good frens with the operator of TK. She decided to setup a school on her own. She managed to retain all teachers and her teaching philosophy remains the same. Most of us parents decided to stay with her as we did not want to create too many changes in our kids’ learning environment. The school has changed its name to Two By Two Schoolhouse at the same location in Jalan Saudara Ku.

The school has since moved to Eastgate and currently occupies the location where WhiteLodge used to be. Breaking away from the owner of TK seems to give the school to freedom to expand their curriculum. They are now able to offer kindergarten classes in the morning, and enrichment classes in the afternoon, which suits me very well.

Chatwoman
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care