Anyone heard of Lidco schoolhouse

Looking for that infant/childcare, pre-school or student care with caring teachers or enrichments? Share your findings here.

Anyone heard of Lidco schoolhouse

Postby cyfis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 am

Considering this place because of its convenient location.
Any feedback?
Thanks!

cyfis
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Anyone heard of Lidco schoolhouse

Postby Karkar » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm

do you mean Licdo schoolhouse?

the school is in landed estate, i went visit once. personally i feel their facility is a bit old. the area for playgroup is small to house 6 kids + 1 teacher. and i am not impressed with their food menu. they have outdoor play time. as i didn't send my son there, i cant judge them on their classes. it's best to pay a visit yourself.

Karkar
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby pingsped » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:17 pm

We visited the school last week. It looks really old, compared to neighbouring ccc like carpe diem.

The principal, mr teo, is nice. there's no sleek presentation & fancy year-end concerts.

My hub likes it cos he says it's 'homely'. I like it cos i feel mr teo is honest. The total enrolment is abt 30 kids right now. Our reservation is whether the curriculum suits our girl as she is a little advanced in development.

You can request for a two-week trial class. It's actually a MCYS regulation but no one mentioned that to us before.

There is promo now eg free uniform (I think), etc

I'm not bothered abt the menu cos my current ccc has a fantastic nutritionist-planned menu but the school does not adhere to it. I see the kids eating bao regularly. And juice is never served even though it's on menu. For some reason, my girl no longer eats cheese after starting school.

Most importantly, I can't bring myself to trust current ccc mgt. but it's still better than yishun ccc that I visited today.

I guess the bottom line is good teachers & curriculum. we are considering a one-week trial class at licdo.

pingsped
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby momof3b » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi, just happened to see your post.

My son just had his K2 graduation concert at Yio Chu Kang Grassroots' club with LiCdo Schoolhouse yesterday. It was a simple affair but the kids enjoyed themselves. Our family enjoyed the concert as well; and we did not feel "crowded" as the school is small.

I agree the school looked old, but we were taken in by their teaching approach and attention given to my child. The teachers and the principal (Mr Teo) are always around to handle our queries and they seemed ernest, giving me a sense of sincerity in the way they do things.

My son will be in pri 1, and I feel the school has prepared him adequately for it. If you do not mind the old facade, I think their teachers, small ratio, "homely feel"service more than make up for it. All the best to you.

momof3b
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LoveMyBB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:57 pm

I just visited the school house and it was newly renovated. They have new curriculum and menu. Letterland is being offered as part of their curriculum and they are also teaching 三字经,弟子规 which I like.. I had checked with some parents of their students and most of them like the 'homely' feel. One parent told me that she transferred her child there because the child wasn't happy elsewhere but was able to settle down pretty fast since her child joinned beginning of this year. Guess it helps that the teacher student ratio is small so more attention are given to the student..
Surprisingly the school is not that small too. It is a 2 storey landed house with reasonable outdoor space.. Even banana and Rambutan trees..

LoveMyBB
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cheerfulmummy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

My sister says the teachers there are very dedicated and treat every student as an individual. Helping her son become more confident and sociable. :imcool:

cheerfulmummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Child Care, Kindergartens, Student Care